Cheshire Lines Maghull/Southport Area

Kevlees83
Kevlees83 Posts: 8
edited March 2012 in MTB rides
Just wondering is anyone riding regularly on the Cheshire lines path between maghull and southport I'm gonna start hitting it 2/3 a week and would appreciate a riding buddy, I'm 28 I ride a Specialized Big Hit and enjoy riding of all types.

Comments

• PaulC7
    PaulC7 Posts: 112
    I dont ride the Chesire lines as i hadnt heard of it before but i do ride to Maghull and surrounding area.

Have googled Chesire lines and it looks a good ride so would be interesting in riding along 1/2 times a week depending what times, will have to wait a while (maybe 2 weeks) before i can though.

Im 28 also and Ride an entry level Carera Titan.
  • Hi Paul and Kev

I'm very local as well, I'm out very early one day most weekends doing a quick blast down to the Iron Men at Crosby up to Ainsdale and back via the lines.

In fact I'm doing it tomorrow morning but riding the beaches with another Fat Bike rider.

Kev, the Big Hit is a litte OTT in this flat land isn't it? I normaly ride it on one of my ridgid bikes.

The other times I ride with The Woollybacks http://www.thewoollybacks.co.uk/content.php see you soon
  • PaulC7
    quick blast down to the Iron Men at Crosby up to Ainsdale and back via the lines.

Sounds good, i would be interested in doing that sometime.

Will get in touch when i can.
  • PaulC7 wrote:
    quick blast down to the Iron Men at Crosby up to Ainsdale and back via the lines.

Sounds good, i would be interested in doing that sometime.

Will get in touch when i can.

Just give me a shout and I'll show you my route early one weekend morning.

What sort of mileage do you normally do? My 2-3 hour loop is about 30miles and 98% off road
  • PaulC7
    Thats great.

I ride about 20 miles per ride mostly on road but enjoy off road, bridal ways more when i can... would love to find out where i can ride off road locally if you know of many places.

Ideally i want to be out for longer and just get round different places.
  • mav12
    mav12 Posts: 10
    Ideally i want to be out for longer and just get round different places

start off in croxteth park ride through to knowsly lane on to the the old coach road off the east lancs road brings you out in bickerstaff
  • mav12
    mav12 Posts: 10
    Ideally i want to be out for longer and just get round different places

or doen the cycle path to halewood through hale along the front to runcorn bridge then you can pick up the canal path towrds warrington or over thr bridge into cheshire/frodsham head for hartford or acton bridge and you can jump the train back
  • Sunday morning 8.30 I'll be out from near Maghull down the canal towards the city, right to the iron men at Crosby, Hightown, Formby, Ainsdale, inland and back via the Cheshire Lines. 95% off road - 30 miles - 2.5 hours

Anyone fancy it?
  • Final call - I'll be out this Sunday morning, same route(ish) same time.

Post up if you're interested
  • PaulC7
    Im up for it.

Just let us know where you want to meet.

PM sent with contact number.
  • PaulC7 wrote:
    Im up for it.

Just let us know where you want to meet.

PM sent with contact number.

PM sent back and text sent but no reply.

I'm calling it a night soon as I'll be starting the ride at 7am tomorrow, you know the route, if you're out that early I'll be the one on the blue freak bike :wink:
  • PaulC7
    Didnt get home on time... had family stuff to sort.

Tomorrow is fine looking forward to it, weather should be good too.
  • PaulC7 wrote:
    Didnt get home on time... had family stuff to sort.

Tomorrow is fine looking forward to it, weather should be good too.

Good to meet you this morning and I hope you found your way back the Cheshire Lines after we parted at Ainsdale.

I headed up past the pier to north Southport (Banks) and back again via the beach on the tide line and in and around and up and down the tracks in the sand dunes before heading home before 12 and clocking up 87.4km.
  • PaulC7
    Was good to meet you too.

Thanks for the tour.

Found my way back no problem, Cheshire lines was a really good ride home...

had birds tweeting in one ear and the Proclaimers in the other.

Got to Maghull british legion and getting up the bridge done me in had to get off and walk a few minutes down the canal then carried on riding and got in at 10:20

Quick shower then out with the family only just got home... so a great day... worth doing again.

Thanks.
  • PaulC7
    What follows a good day?

a bad day... full of cold cant believe it, still no time to let it get hold of me fully got stuff to do.

Hope your doing good John. ;)