Looking for advice about how to complain

suzyb
suzyb Posts: 3,449
edited February 2012 in Commuting chat
On the 8th of Feb I posted a parcel using City Link booked via a third party website, P4D. City Link tried to deliver the parcel twice on consecutive days (9th & 10th) and failed both times leaving a card. They then delivered the package to the offices of P4D who returned the parcel to me (received today).

Imho they haven't exactly waited very long before returning the package to me. At most a week from attempted delivery to returning it, during which time it went from Stoke to Oxfordshire. And the tracking information is a joke, I mean it says the package is signed for (I assume by P4d) before the second attempt at delivery to my buyer was made.

I don't see why I should have to pay for a delivery that didn't happen when imho they didn't give the buyer a reasonable time to respond to the cards. And I would like the package re-delivered for free or a refund (depending on whether the buyer still wants the monitor). But how do I say that.

Comments

• nation
    nation Posts: 609
    I think Citylink will only hold a package for a week after the second attempted delivery, unless redelivery is arranged.

Having said that, they frequently don't leave cards (at least in my experience) I only ever find out they've (allegedly - I've also known them to claim to have attempted delivery when there has been someone in the house all day) attempted delivery from the tracking information. I avoid them whenever possible, now.

Has the buyer said why they didn't arrange redelivery?
  • se-po
    se-po Posts: 47
    Had an experience with City Link, if I remember correctly they keep the packet for 5 working days before returning it.
    I've tracked my delivery via their website, and chose a collection to their deposit after a second delivery, but there no card was left at my home.
    Easy to miss, if you don't check.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Citi link are lying thieving scum.
    Bought a computer on Ebay - I have everything delivered to my office as there's always someone there.
    Day one - not delivered, according to their website no one in and left a card.
    Arranged redelivery.
    Day two - not delivered, according to their website no one in and left a card. And I would have to pay for a 'third' delivery.
    Called them and suggested that their driver was a lazy slacker liar and hadn't attempted a delivery.
    They told me all their drivers carry cameras and take a pic when the try and deliver. Asked them for the pic - endless excuses but no pic.
    I contacted the seller - his problem really and after a few days they 'found' the parcel - and finally after two weeks actually delivered it, burst open and taped up.
    Worst company ever.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • suzyb
    No although on Saturday he sent me an email asking when he'd receive the item which suggests he hadn't even received a card.

But even if City Link held the parcel for a week. That would mean they've delivered it to P4D on Friday who've arranged for it to be returned and it has been delivered back in 2/3 days.

I mean I'm grateful the parcel was returned and not left in a depot or as I've heard happen left in a "safe place" or rather dropped over the garden fence and left in the snow.

I had absolutely no problem with the other parcel sent at the same time. But this one... And to make matters worse, I forgot to email the buyer the tracking link and tell him it was on route so he wasn't expecting it.
  • I hate Citylink's deliver on consecutive days and then 'tough' policy. Nine times out of ten, you get home to find a card with a failed delivery (if you're lucky) and to find that it's too late to stop the next day's delivery being attempted or rearranged or to re-arrange your next day at work to be in. Grrrrrrrrrrr!
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,994
    Hello-I-wish-to-register-a-complaint1.jpg
  • suzyb
    Just received a message from the buyer telling me they were not carded. So they were given no opportunity to arrange re-delivery or collection.

How about something like...
    I have received word from the addressee of the parcel that they were not carded by City Link on either date delivery was attempted. This is unacceptable and I am seeking re-delivery for free or a refund of the postage costs for this package as I will now have to arrange re-delivery to my buyer.