Rockshox or Fox Forks for On One 456 Carbon

Frosticles
Frosticles Posts: 54
edited February 2012 in MTB buying advice
Am looking to change my forks on my On One 456 Carbon. I currently have Rockshox Tora's on it. Am looking into Rockshox Revelation RLT 140's or maybe Fox 32 TALAS.
Not sure if I want adjustable height or not though. Can get some Revelations for £299 delivered brand new.
Any opinions on U turns?

Ta muchly in advance, Kevin. :)

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I've got 150mm Revs on mine, never felt the need for travel adjust. It can get a little wandery on really steep switchbacks, but careful body positioning sorts that.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    RS do the dual position forks too, but it is the RL and RLT that have the great deals. With FOX, go for RLC at least.
  • Everywhere I am looking seems to say the Revelation RLT 140 is the best choice for the money. Been sneaking a look at Fox Floats as well.
    Bike is natural carbon finish. Like white shocks but thinking black would be more in keeping.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Revelations are much nicer than Fox Talas and better value.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Is it a new 2-level TALAS you're looking at or an old 3-level? I can't speak about the latest version but the old 3-level one was pretty flawed- didn't work as well as a Float at any length, and the short settings worked even less well. Really just a long fork with a crippled climbing setting.

456 suits 130mm or 140mm IMO- mine has u-turn Revelations in it and I like them at all settings but it spends most of the time around 130.

Revs with a good damper in are ace. Mind you high end floats are also ace, bit flexier is all.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • It was the older TALAS that I was looking at. Maybe not the best buy then. A friend of mine mentioned Reba's as well. Are the Reba a better shock than the Revelation? Looking at between 130 & 140
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Rev then, Rebas don't go that long, 120mm max. Also very good forks- very similiar.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • These are the ones I keep going back to

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110789375730? ... 868wt_1396
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    I had a C456 with White Revs on, and it was great (broke the colour up a bit too):

P9090389.jpg

Later put some 140mm Float RLC's on it, and I also liked that.

So, I've not really helped, sorry :(
  • bails87
    Click the 'rough' link in my sig to see a black C456 with white forks. I think it works well.
    MTB/CX

• bails87 wrote:
    Click the 'rough' link in my sig to see a black C456 with white forks. I think it works well.

Just had a look at those forks and tried to order a pair. Website said they had them but when the assistant went to look the cupboard was bare............Bugger!!!!!

Back to the RLT's then.

He did say though that they had a pair of Revelation RACE forks in set to 140mm. What is the difference between these and the RLT's???

http://www.bikeoutlet.co.uk/products/Ro ... 37-49.html
  • bails87 wrote:

Just ordered some Revelation RLT 140mm's. (Also some of the On One wheels like yours as they look great 8) )
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    What is the difference between these and the RLT's???

RLTs have Dual FLow rebound for great control, and an external Floodgate adjuster.
  • bails87
    Frosticles wrote:
    bails87 wrote:

Just ordered some Revelation RLT 140mm's. (Also some of the On One wheels like yours as they look great 8) )
    They're lighter than On One claim too! Mine are 1784g, not exactly featherweight, but good for the money.
    MTB/CX