29ers for hire?

BristolPablo
BristolPablo Posts: 9
edited February 2012 in MTB general
does anyone know if there are any trail centres (or shops with good riding near by) have 29ers for hire? i cant be bothered to ring them all up and waste their time so though someone here might know. Quite fancy a day on one to trial. based in Bristol but not too fussed if i have to travel a bit.

Comments

• weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    I could let you use my XTC 29er at Swinley for a morning mate. Coffee and cake supplied by you afterwards :)
  • You could try Charlie the Bikemonger - he's a bit of a 29er fan and is on the doorstep of the Purbeck Hills.
    Definitely worth a trip.

If you didn't learn anything today, you weren't paying attention!
  • andymc06
    andymc06 Posts: 245
    My brother has just booked a 29er Camber at Coed-y-Brenin for our trip there next month. Not sure how many they have though.
    If at first you don't succeed, spend some more money on kit!

Giant Trance X3 2011
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    If you're up for a trek, there's a demo weekend this weekend with Santa Cruz at Pedal and Spoke in the Surrey Hills. 29ers on offer but they seem to be the main booking interest.

http://www.pedalandspoke.co.uk/
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    The Giant shop in Bradley Stoke have a medium Anthem 29er demo bike, will cost you £20 for the day (can pick it up the evening before to). They might have a hardtail 29er demo to, not 100% though. I took it to FoD when I borrowed it (mentioned it beforehand to and they were happy enough).
  • guity
    guity Posts: 113
    edited February 2012
    http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-gb/news/article/riders.wanted.ride.before.you.buy/15920/

Follow the link and you can see which Giant retailers have what available, and as above, you can take them out to do some propper riding on rather than just up a few kerbs outside the shop.
  • many thanks for the info, i'll try the Giant store at Bradley Stoke first as that means i can easily head over to cwmcarn or afan for the day. other than that i'll try CyB. Thanks to those who offered their own bikes too, i'll be in touch if either of the two suggestions above fall through but i have a history of breaking things and cant afford to replace your bikes!