Race events

marchant
marchant Posts: 362
edited February 2012 in Commuting chat
My son and I are intending to make a trip to London for the Olympic Road cycling events (my brother reckons the route will be going past where he lives) and I was wondering about a couple of things; will we be able to watch from the roadside and be able to travel fairly freely in the area, and at the races, when one sees spectators with various hats/wavy things etc, are they given away free or do they have the neck to charge for them?

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    marchant wrote:
    My son and I are intending to make a trip to London for the Olympic Road cycling events (my brother reckons the route will be going past where he lives) and I was wondering about a couple of things; will we be able to watch from the roadside and be able to travel fairly freely in the area, and at the races, when one sees spectators with various hats/wavy things etc, are they given away free or do they have the neck to charge for them?

With the exception of the finishing straight and Box Hill, you can turn up at the side of the road and cheer them on for free, without a ticket, etc - just like the Tour de France.

Just find a spot by the side of the road.

I don't think there will be any Tour style caravan in front of the race handing out freebees.