Little Citters

PaulC7
PaulC7 Posts: 112
edited June 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Just the other week my boy was relaxing on the couch when he thought he seen something moving by the chair... we thought nothing of it until the missus thought she saw something moving too... then when i thought i seen something we knew something was going on.

That day went into the food cupboard to get something and saw a packet was open pulled it out and seen there was nothing left and the same had happened to two other packets... all noodles although it did have a go at the jelly.

So being brave i emptied and cleaned it out but found nothing.

So one night we left a few bits on floor and sure enough next morning they had gone...

rats or mice are loose in the house :shock:

After a bit of investigation we found some possible places were it may be getting in... but we have just recently had a washing machine returned so may of come in that way (so we read)... made up a batch of filler and done some plastering of the holes.

Went out and bought a trap laid it that night with some chocolate and next morning.......

it had gone... all the chocolate and still no sign of the creature. :scratch: :dontknow:

IMG_3357.jpg

The trap needed a good push to trigger it so went out and bought another one...

laid both of them out with chocolate again and after two nights... we discovered this... :thumbright:

**Now the bad pics**

not sure if its a large mouse or a small rat... what do you think?

Judging by the second picture... we think it was getting out the way of the trap arm but was a little too slow and took the force of the blow to the head... we was expecting to find it caught in the trap.

IMG_3347.jpg

IMG_3351.jpg

IMG_3359.jpg

IMG_3363.jpg

IMG_3349.jpg

IMG_3365.jpg

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    sunday roast?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    You bastard. You killed Kenny.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    I'm reporting you to PETA Piper, they'll have a few pickles to pick with you
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Scrolling down I was thinking, come on where's the pictures?... and there they were! Awesome :D
  • PaulC7
    deadkenny wrote:
    Scrolling down I was thinking, come on where's the pictures?... and there they were! Awesome :D

I had to overcome my fears and get close to it for them pictures glad you like lol
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    PaulC7 wrote:
    deadkenny wrote:

I had to overcome my fears and get close to it for them pictures glad you like lol

You should have said, I love nothing better than getting my face into a bloody rat
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • cooldad wrote:
    You bastard. You killed Kenny.
    Actual LOL!

Is that one of CWNT's guinea pigs? Didn't last long.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • crazy88
    crazy88 Posts: 560
    You're lucky it didn't leave you a little brown parcel too, they often think it's a nice farewell present to us humans. We caught one recently also. We avoided the bloody carpet mess though, I assume your lady partner had fun cleaning that up?

And here he is, all asleep and stuff. How cute.

5f04c2d7.jpg
    Out with the old, in with the new here.
  • tboy823
    tboy823 Posts: 102
    Our cat takes care of our critters - not that they were in the house!!

IMAG0100.jpg
    Boardman Team FS 2011

Never let your computer know you're in a hurry.
  • crazy88
    crazy88 Posts: 560
    I hope you got the pound back that the theiving mice were trying to steal!
    Out with the old, in with the new here.
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    you lucky you only had one ... we had a fooooooking nest of them the other year.. was gonna start charging them rent they were eating so much thats when they decided to move out...

pest guy got rid of them for us via poison.. he reckons they can fit thorugh a gap as small as a bic pen lid..

i see one-one night go between the floorboards a gap i cant fit my finger into, ( a bit like the missues gap :shock: :shock: :wink: )

hanf him by the back door to warn off others.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    delcol wrote:
    you lucky you only had one ...
    He's only caught one...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tboy823 wrote:

IMAG0100.jpg

Blimey, the tooth fairy's gone a bit mad.
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • PaulC7
    Well the traps are still being laid out and as yet nothing has popped out to say hello... were happy about that and hope it stays that way, if we were to find 3 trying to rob our £££'s the missus wouldnt be living here no longer.
    crazy88 wrote:
    I assume your lady partner had fun cleaning that up?

You assume wrong, she wont even go near it, sick from the kids or blood either that pleasure is left to me.
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    crazy88 wrote:
    I hope you got the pound back that the theiving mice were trying to steal!

Maybe it was in the "kitty"?

Eh? Eh? Anyone.....?
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • PaulC7
    Since my last post the mice have only been interested in triggering the traps and not eating the choc.

2yneyjl.jpg

So borrowed a dog... which didnt work either, the mice just went over ground... they were spotted on the back of the cooker (tail swinging out from the side was the big giveaway) and another time one/same mice was sitting next to the kettle.

Was making a butty and when i put the bread back i noticed a small hole in bottom of it, so had a look at it and it wasnt my finger that had made the hole but mice...

358dzdt.jpg

so as a last resort went out and bought some big cheese only yesterday...

STV-182-The-Big-Cheese-Mouse-Glue-Trap-500x500.jpg

placed one by the kettle and one behind the cooker... with a few nuts in the middle...

and this morning found this...

t6are8.jpg

hritkw.jpg

Folded the trap over and with a hop, skip and a jump i squished it and into the bin it went.

Really hoping thats the last know then.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    tboy823 wrote:

IMAG0100.jpg

Blimey, the tooth fairy's gone a bit mad.

Are those mice blind?
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Stevo_666
    PaulC7 wrote:
    Folded the trap over and with a hop, skip and a jump i squished it and into the bin it went.
    So this trap just catches them and you've got to squish the little buggers with your feet to finish the job?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    delcol wrote:
    i see one-one night go between the floorboards a gap i cant fit my finger into, ( a bit like the missues gap :shock: :shock: :wink: )
    Funny you should say that, because I've found mice there, too.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    delcol wrote:
    Funny you should say that, because I've found mice there, too.

How can you find mice but never the clitoris??
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • tboy823 wrote:

IMAG0100.jpg
    Someone should tell the top mouse it's step, back, step, back, pivot then freeze and not step, back, step, back, pivot then side kick.
  • worst moment ever...
    buzzing down twisting single track then.... psssst BANG!!!
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    PaulC7 wrote:
    So this trap just catches them and you've got to squish the little buggers with your feet to finish the job?

At the risk of sounding like a big, soft, mincy, commuter, that sounds like a terribly inhumane way of disposing of the little beggars.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    I've got a mouse that lives in my flat down at uni. We've named him Itchy. It's just the one, and he's definitely a mouse, once we managed to catch him using ninja skills and a tupperware box, then we let him go because he looked so cute and doesn't really cause much trouble. We're nice like that.
  • Stevo_666
    edited March 2012
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    PaulC7 wrote:

At the risk of sounding like a big, soft, mincy, commuter, that sounds like a terribly inhumane way of disposing of the little beggars.
    Yup, call me a soft shyte but while I don't mind putting out a mouse trap that snaps their spine clean in two, the idea of me standing on one of the little bleeders while it's still alive and squishing his guts out feels a bit cruel. That, and scraping it's guts out of a corrugated shoe sole is going to be a right pain...
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    hope the commuting fraternity don't see this one! there will be outrage across london!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • im inclined to say that stamping on them is more humane than a standard trap purely on the basis that they will die!!!

I have used the metal snapping traps and have seen them trapped by the tail, leg and face but still alive and that is much worse because they are still alive and feeling pain

and now the cc bit :P

I think it would rather be crushed by the statue of liberty than an oversized garden gate
    worst moment ever...
    buzzing down twisting single track then.... psssst BANG!!!
  • im inclined to say that stamping on them is more humane than a standard trap purely on the basis that they will die!!!

I have used the metal snapping traps and have seen them trapped by the tail, leg and face but still alive and that is much worse because they are still alive and feeling pain

and now the cc bit :P

I think it would rather be crushed by the statue of liberty than an oversized garden gate

Whilst I sort of agree, and have seen traps before that have clearly not quite killed the mouse instantly and it's clearly suffered, at least those traps are designed to kill them as humanely as possible. The one in the pic on the last page is specifically designed to just trap the thing (in a clearly very painful and distressing fashion) but keep it alive with a view to be killed by the person who trapped it.

Now the CC bit :p

Clearly though, the most humane way to kill one would be to crush it with my obvious.
  • Stevo_666

Clearly though, the most humane way to kill one would be to crush it with my obvious.
    Might be a bit painful if it managed to nibble your cheese before it died :-)
  • Stevo 666 wrote:

Might be a bit painful if it managed to nibble your cheese before it died :-)

I'd positively insist on it dear boy.