EDDY MERCKX STRADA O.S Single Speed

mat*46*
mat*46* Posts: 149
edited February 2012 in Your road bikes
Thought I would post some pictures of my new not so retro, retro bike.

It's an old Eddy Merckx steel frame fitted with some nice carbon Look forks, carbon clincher wheels from China, cnc brakes, carbon post etc.

I've had a dog of a single speed for the past six months and really love it and the challenge of getting up hills on it. Anway, it inspired me to build this...

1006346.jpg

1006351p.jpg

1006358f.jpg

Comments

• That's gogeous. Forgot how sexy skinny steel looks. The fork, wheels and the black Millenium stem really set off the blue to a stunning effect. Great, great build mate! Couple questions:

- are your brake levers the same height or are my 40+ yo eyes playing a trick on me? put a ruler across the dug-outs and compare the ruler line with the bar tops to find out.

- seatpost is the only thing that looks a little gash. a matching Millenium post (which might be a little short for your extension) or something else with a low-pro clamp would make me want to offer you ca$h for this beauty.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • mat*46*
    Thanks. Yeah the levers are level think its just the camera angle. That pic was prior to the fist ride, sorted the seat post hight out now and it looks much better. Rides like a treet.
  • rob.m
    rob.m Posts: 89
    Great bike mate, I would really love a single speeder like this. Like the wheels too, well done!!
    It's never too late to become what you might have been...........
  • mcj78
    mcj78 Posts: 634
    Like! Loving the skinny tubes & the deep rims onthe wheels - i'm a sucker for Thomson seatposts & stems though, that's about the only thing i'd even remotely consider swaping if it were mine - top work!

J
    Moda Issimo
    Genesis Volare 853
    Charge Filter Apex
  • rob.m
    rob.m Posts: 89
    How old is the frame?
    It's never too late to become what you might have been...........
  • mat*46*
    Think it's about a 96 maybe earlier
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Looks great but have to agree about the brake hoods, the right one looks a lot higher! Heh heh.

Enjoy it :)
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach