CarbonCycles.cc / Nanos

Yacoby
Yacoby Posts: 211
edited February 2012 in MTB buying advice
So looking for cheap Superstar Nanos, I saw that CarbonCycles was recommended (http://www.carboncycles.cc/?s=0&p=940&). However:

* When I try to pay it asks for Payment before taking my address
* There is no contact information
* The domain name isn't exactly great
* The website doesn't inspire confidence and is broken in places
* They don't list any contact details.

The one plus is that the payment is via paypal (I never thought I would here myself say that). Has anyone had any problems ordering from them? Or can anyone recommend somewhere better for a cheaper price.

Comments

• normally sites that use paypal take your address from the 1 registered with paypal.

im fairly sure others have bought from there in the past, you do get some protection by using paypal.

failing that just buy from superstar.
    2011 KHS Full Susser Carbon 29er Race Build
    Clank wrote:
    M'eh, I might just go back to zapping it with frikken lay-zur beeeems. And sharks.
  • I'd not worry too much. They're a perfectly reputable company, just have a shltty website.

Do they wait to ask for your address because they use the one registered to your PayPal account?

Have you tried the ebay shop that sells all their stuff? They've got those pedals on there (same price etc)

Not sure if it's the same company with a different trading name for ebay, or if it's just a UK distributer. I've had all my exotic stuff from them and they're great.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/International- ... 34.c0.m322
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Same company on Ebay, just use different names. They are 100% legit, just as CWNT pointed out, rubbish website. Good products though.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    I've bought brake pads from their other site and they are cheap, fast delivery and products are reasonable. Good customer support via their online forum.
  • Yacoby
    sanchez89 wrote:
    normally sites that use paypal take your address from the 1 registered with paypal.
    Ah, ok. That makes more sense and that seems to be what they have done.

Thanks for all the comments and reassurances. Having just added up the amount spent on bikes this month I am wondering what I am going to be eating next month and so a bit less willing to have the possibility of £30 going out of my account and have to spend weeks getting it back through PayPal.

Anyway, they really should get a better website,
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    If they had a better website, they'd have to charge more. Look at what happened to Wiggle. CRC have just revamped their site I notice. Expect price hikes soon :(

I blame wiggle.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • benpinnick wrote:
    If they had a better website, they'd have to charge more. Look at what happened to Wiggle. CRC have just revamped their site I notice. Expect price hikes soon :(

I blame wiggle.

CRC completely overhauled their entire site last year too, they didn't introduce a price hike for that.
    I'm fairly sure they've also relocated a couple of times in that period due to massive growth. If anything, prices have come down.

Similar story with On-one too.

Oh, and Merlin I believe.
  • Whats delivery times normally like with CarbonCycles?

I placed an order for a pair of there alloy pedals today. Was going to get the nanos in red but there currently out of stock, so thought i'd orders these instead and save myself a tenner.
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Exotic/CarbonCycles delivery times have always been good for me.. few days at most and they're on my doorstep.

Great company, one of their warehouses was just down the road from my old house.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Same as Stav, I've bought a few bits from them and delivered in a couple of days. Can't remember how quick the last delivery (seatpost) was, but I remember being suprised when it turned up earlier than expected.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    When my seatpost turned up, I thought they'd forgot to put the thing in the package! Bloody light.
  • Pedals delivered this morning. Strange how they wait till the following morning to send dispatch emails, recieved my email about an hour before the package showed up.
  • Yacoby
    Strange how they wait till the following morning to send dispatch emails, recieved my email about an hour before the package showed up.
    Ditto. Really confusing to be honest. But the delivery was very fast at least.