Trek or Cube?

GibsonIrish28
GibsonIrish28 Posts: 7
edited February 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi All,

I am in need of some help. I am in need of some help with 2 bikes I am currently viewing and not sure which to go for:

Trek Remedy 7 2012
or
Cube Fritzz Pro 2012

I do a good bit of technical uphill riding and love blasting it down hill. I know that these are both classed as 'All Mountain' but would like some more experienced advise on which would suit better for most trails and long day adventures around Scotland? I am 5' 10 and would think I would go for a 16" in the Fritzz or 17.5" in the Remedy?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers, Ben.

Comments

• I'd say the Fritzz has a slight edge spec wise.
    But they're both pretty heavy. If you're using them for all day epics (involving plenty of climbing too) it might be worth looking at a couple of options with a bit less travel and a more reasonable weight.

Any way you can try them both out?
  • Hey thanks.

I did get to ride the 2011 Fritzz for a bit back home and thought it was a really robust bike and enjoyed the 160mm of travel and enjoyed slugging it uphill, but I have never had the chance to jump on a remedy and give it a good test. What would you recommend is worth looking at? Maybe something with 140/150mm travel?

Cheers.
  • Perhaps.

The Cube is just a shade over 32lbs. Which in fairness is not that bad. Especially for the money. It's also got the dual position forks, so that should help with the climbing too.

You could still find an AM bike thats lighter and climbs better, but that would probably be at the expense of some of the descending ability of the Fritzz.

Of course, a big part of it is how you get on with the suspension system. Unfortunately, that's only something you will be able to say after trying them out.

It's really down to what your preference is, and where you're happy for the trade offs to be. AM bikes are all about the trade-offs.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    sounds like the remedy of the bikes mentioned would suit you better, or perhaps a giant reign. Also goes without if you're ok buying direct, you can get a pretty damn nice canyon AM for similar money, the 8.0X is a superbly specced bike for the money
  • Hey,

I am having a good look at both these bikes on-line and checking some reviews and am being more drawn to the Trek I reckon as the geometry of the seat position looks to be more forward? Is there any major/noticeable differences in the feel of this riding position?

Cheers for the help folks.