Great pub in Twickenham

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,771
edited February 2012 in Commuting chat
The Sussex Arms. More real ales than I could drink in a couple of sittings, well kept and reasonably priced at £3 a pint. They are always changed, there are no regulars. But you can try before you buy. 18 pumps on the bar, not all in action at once, but more than enough to keep you going.
Ciders as well, but then it just gets messy.

Comments

• NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    Myself and Jake go to the Sussex before and after the Army V Navy rugby matches. Great place and will be paying a visit again for this years match :D
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,771
    NGale wrote:
    Myself and Jake go to the Sussex before and after the Army V Navy rugby matches. Great place and will be paying a visit again for this years match :D

Good to know it's reputation has spread so far. Been there a few times, a good pub deserves praise. Took a Swedish customer there, he was beside himself with joy when he saw all the beers. But then he was really annoyed as he was driving.
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    Just don't go in there on Army V Navy match day, the place will be seathing with drunk sailors, bootnecks and pongos :lol:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,682
    I can recommend the Barmy Arms on the river after the match...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Chrissz
    Chrissz Posts: 727
    ddraver wrote:
    I can recommend the Barmy Arms on the river after the match...

Shhhh! Keep shtum - that's the one we usually use. Off the main drag enough to be reasonably quiet, nice spot by the river and always fairly busy but better than the main ones in town!
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,682
    Were they playing the same 5 sing a long songs on a loop? I had a good night there....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    The eel pie is nice, badger ales on tap. Also like,the prince belucher (sp?) in twickenham green.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5