More than one use

hotnajers
hotnajers Posts: 61
edited February 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi thinking of getting a hd head cam go pro hero or some other, as this will be a fairly big pay out do any of you use one other for with the bike are they any use for taking on say a beach hoiliday, there only seems to be one button thats on and off, thanks

Comments

• angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    I've recently got one, so far using it to film hockey matches from my keeper helmet, on the bike obviously, used it to film so tennis earlier...

It's got 2 buttons on it, takes a little time to get used to, but after a little while using it is simple enough.

It's waterproof to 60m they say but I'm not sure how much use it would be on a beach holiday... it doesn't have a display showing you what you're recording so it's fairly limited as a regular video camera.
  • Ok thanks
  • No you can buy the lcd pac to see what you are shooting has i have it for making sure iv'e got it right for snowboarding.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPrqbfzR ... 09179DC890
    2012 Canyon Nerve AM 8.0x (MTB)
    2011 Cannondale CAAD 10 (Road)
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    You can spend a small fortune on a Go Pro, have a bulky waterproof case, and then have to buy an LCD screen, or you can spend 80 pounds on a Kodak zx3 that is waterproof to 3m, shock resistant, records in HD (1080p, 720p@60fps) and has an LCD screen.
    There isn't many options to mount it to the bike though so you'll have to bodge something up. Depends how good youa re with gaffa tape. Check my sig for videos taken on the Kodak.
  • I might go the cheap option as I really dont drive to any trails is just local stuff so once its been filmed a few different times I suppose thats it!
    Therse a go pro1on Amazon which is 100 quid cheaper than the go pro 2, that might be worth a look, dont really know how much of an improvement they are over the 1 that justifies that much of an increase. there would be money over for accsesories
  • Click on the link i think the first is sd filming and the second hd the new one is 3d i could be wrong but try google and gopro
    2012 Canyon Nerve AM 8.0x (MTB)
    2011 Cannondale CAAD 10 (Road)