Track v sprint v time trial

Daz555
Daz555 Posts: 3,976
edited February 2012 in Pro race
Take 3 contrasting cyclists at the top of the world game - Hoy, Cavendish, Wiggins.

Long distance - Wiggins wins every time.
Sprint <1km - Hoy wins every time.

Is there a distance that Cavendish would win at given his all round ability? Forget teams and peletons - I'm talking one on one. Would a top class sprinter like Cav have an ideal distance at which he could dominate on his own?

All a bit of nonsense, but just interested that's all.
You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.

Comments

• Daz555 wrote:
    Take 3 contrasting cyclists at the top of the world game - Hoy, Cavendish, Wiggins.

Long distance - Wiggins wins every time.
    Sprint <1km - Hoy wins every time.

Is there a distance that Cavendish would win at given his all round ability? Forget teams and peletons - I'm talking one on one. Would a top class sprinter like Cav have an ideal distance at which he could dominate on his own?

All a bit of nonsense, but just interested that's all.

Can't answer your question but I reackon Hoy would get terrorised on the road. I'd quite like to see that actually...
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    Probably not, there's a small chance that somewhere between the 1 minute and 4 minute durations he has a chance, but it's pretty unlikely, though Hoy would need to fall off in performance faster than is likely.

You can't really compare the pure fitness base of the other two and the skill and particular combination of fitness that Cavendish has.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Well, if it were really one on one, Cavendish would win in most situations. He'd hang on to Wiggins wheel, 'cept for in the high mountains, then just outsprint him!