SimonAH
SimonAH Posts: 3,730
edited February 2012 in Commuting chat
Will probably get me banned....

Page 9
http://www.lfgss.com/thread74398-9.html

And this link;

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill ... ather-did/

Deity-of-your-choice-on-a-bike! What are you supposed to do? Pay only in cash and surf only under pseudonym via an anonymiser? And (if we're paranoid, which now and then I am) you need to consider that it is not only commercial ventures that mine this stuff.....
FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Comments

• notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Some excellent posts from Velocio there.
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    Target (facetiously pronounced Tar-zzhay by the locals) is a bit like Primark isn't it?

No matter, what really frikkin annoy me is when you buy something now and they want your postcode (Evans, Currys, blah, blah, blah).

Oi I've just paid cash, you don't need my postcode. "It's just to see if you've shopped here before/get you additional deals/register the warranty they whine.

Screw that.
    FCN = 4
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    MTB-Idle wrote:
    Target (facetiously pronounced Tar-zzhay by the locals) is a bit like Primark isn't it?

No matter, what really frikkin annoy me is when you buy something now and they want your postcode (Evans, Currys, blah, blah, blah).

Oi I've just paid cash, you don't need my postcode. "It's just to see if you've shopped here before/get you additional deals/register the warranty they whine.

Screw that.
    To be fair to Evans, I've returned things without the receipt and had them check sales history on pooter using my postcode.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Drfabulous0
    Drfabulous0 Posts: 1,539
    We have over 25000 customers on our database, I reckon Evans probably have a lot more. So when some numpty comes in to return his inner tube because he didn't realise there were different valve types and doesn't have the receipt I can type in his postcode and get half a dozen responses at mos,t or type in his surname and get 15 pages of Barrington-Smythes. It isn't used for marketing but no postcode + no receipt = no proof of purchase = no warranty.