You may all laugh but....

larryb
larryb Posts: 78
edited February 2012 in MTB general
Being a weekend warrior and some times having a long drive back home after my Sunday ride.By the time I get home I just wanna relax and hot bath when I have my bike to clean. I live in an apartment so have no outside tap or pressure washer. Which I need as all the mud has baked solid after an hour or more on the roof rack. I started think think of pump style pressure washers ones for cars and came across mountain bike specific ones. The prices was extrotanate for what they are (A garden pressure spray bottle) So I took a gamble and bought a garden 8l spray bottle from Ebay for 8.99.
I fill it with hot water before leaving and after my ride I spray cleaner on, leave then blast off with garden spray bottle. Best buy in a long while. I get a few strange looks and mates took mick but now they use it too.
Canyon Nerve XC 7.0 Deep Black Ano - Silver, Rock Shox Reverb.

Comments

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I've got a Hozelock garden sprayer that I've had for absolutely years, far longer than Mobis/Nomads/Dirt Workers have been around, it's great, gets the worst of the crap off and nice to have a shower in too when it's hot!
  • So obviously a good idea, why have I never thought of this?
  • larryb
    larryb Posts: 78
    njee20 wrote:
    I've got a Hozelock garden sprayer that I've had for absolutely years, far longer than Mobis/Nomads/Dirt Workers have been around, it's great, gets the worst of the crap off and nice to have a shower in too when it's hot!

Liking the shower idea alot in the heat!!!
    Canyon Nerve XC 7.0 Deep Black Ano - Silver, Rock Shox Reverb.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    It's great - turn to a fine mist and it's lovely. If it's been in a hot car it tends to be reasonably warm too.
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    You'd of laughed at me.. I bought one of the B n Q own brand jobbies, was just about to give the g'friend a quick demo of my bike cleaner, pressed the trigger and the end fell off and just dribbled water everywhere :oops:

Familiar feeling that :lol:
  • Might be a smart thing to put in the back of the van. anyone got a link to one?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Been using something like this for ages. Halfords car cleaner gizmo. It's basically much the same as a garden weed sprayer but for cleaning cars. Dirt cheap especially in the sales.

It's crap for cars as it doesn't hold enough water and not enough pressure for them. However for bikes it's ideal as you don't want high pressure (especially around bearings!), and is perfect amount for a bike, especially if you chuck a bit of MuckOff on the thing first.

Just requires water and the physical energy to pump the thing to pressure.
  • Used one for years... Also live on a flat so cleaning the bike can be an issue, but the garden sprayer is good.

Holds 5l which is more than enough to do a bike so I'll wack it in the car if its gonna be muddy and do it at the trail centre!