Schwalbe Muddy Mary 2.5 vertstar? any good?

dirty face
dirty face Posts: 139
edited February 2012 in MTB buying advice
As it says above, are these tyres really as good as I've heard? anyone used these around FoD as I'm probably gonna order a pair soon for my Session 8
If you don't fall off you're not trying hard enough!

Comments

• House mate is running a 2.35 one at hte moment, and loves it,

HAs replaced the minion as his favoured Tyre, myself i haven't ridden it yet :)
  • thanks, i've heard they are very good for all round use and cant wait to try them out. i'm getting the 2.5 tho cus i'm a 'big' lad so need bigger volume for more comfort.

anyone got any thoughts........grip, control etc
  • Taz's opion is very positive, they measure large though so the 2.35" is bigger than a maxxiss 2.5"

But plenty of grip, better than say a minion in the wet, and simialr dry performance, but bigger air volume for comfort.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I run 2.35 Muddy Mary's & they are bigger than my 2.5 Highrollers & Swampthings.
    They are ok but I much prefer Swampthings, Muddy Mary's just seem to be a bit less predictable when drifting, the swampys will let go sooner than the Muddy Marys but they let go in a nice steady drift where the Muddy Marys have more grip but when you find the limit they just let go.
  • But are the Swampthings specificaly MUD tyres, as apposed to the Muddy Mary's which are not MUD tyres contrary to their name?
  • Swamp things i know well,

There a good mud tyre that can survive dry rides, but there dry grip on rocks and routes is useable but nothing compared to a minion which is the general comparison tyre :s
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Swampy's work well in most conditions, similar to the Muddy Mary's. Muddy Mary's strangely work better in mud when you are really aggressive with them.