commuter racing...

team47b
team47b Posts: 6,425
edited February 2012 in Commuting chat
I 'Commute' to Lagoa (Algarve town, 26k round trip) on a regular basis, ride up the main street, normal day.

Yesterday It was the setting for the finish line of the Etapa 2 of the Volta Ao Algarve, so before the pro's arrived I cycled up from the 100 metre mark and crossed the finish line, got a few smiles from onlookers.

Was it because I was riding a Ridgeback hybrid, or because I was towing a single wheel trailer complete with shopping?

Personally I think it was because in the last 30 metres my girlfriend, also riding a Ridgeback hybrid towing a trailer, made a break and sprinted past me, pausing only to raise her arm as she crossed the line!

I am going with the idea that the one raised finger meant she was number one!
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Great post!
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Those Ridgebacks canbe quite speedy!
  • Wait, wait, wait....

You allowed yourself to be scalped by your girlfriend? When people were watching?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,771
    Wait, wait, wait....

You allowed yourself to be scalped by your girlfriend? When people were watching?

Entirely reasonable, he'll be getting some tonight. Had he passed her back she'd have the hump and he'd be on the couch.
  • You allowed yourself to be scalped by your girlfriend? When people were watching?

Yes, it's called being a gentleman and letting her go first. I do it all the time. Completely voluntarily of course ;)
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Wait, wait, wait....

What do you mean 'allowed'! :D

Out on the road bikes after lunch today, so we will see the truth then! Revenge is sweet. :D

(She reads this forum, so I have committed myself now!)

The Etap 5 time trial is on Sunday, it's over a route we often ride so it could be a second chance for me, but will do it before the crowds get there this time just in case.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • welkman
    welkman Posts: 396
    I recommend giving her an Armstrong style look back and then accelerating off into the distance. Alternatively let her tyres down a bit and then maybe switch out some of your trailer parts for carbon ;)