Tour of the Weald 2012

Hi,

Has anyone entered the kent Tour of the Weald on 08/04 this year, or have eny previous experience of it?

Just curious, as it the first sportive i have entered. :shock:

Thanks,
Graham
Giant Contend SL 2 Disc
Giant Defy 3 Adv 2018
"I brake for cake!"

Comments

• Anyone, please don't tell me i'm going it alone!!!!!
    Giant Contend SL 2 Disc
    Giant Defy 3 Adv 2018
    "I brake for cake!"
  • Did it last year, it's pretty low key. Might not do it again. Too flat for my taste. If I can find my Garmin stats I'll post them on here.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • bam49
    bam49 Posts: 159
    FransJacques - did you do the Tour de Weald from Burgess Hill ? just asking cos that one was flat but quite long at 126 miles or so.. I think the OP is referring to a different Tour of the Weald run by Velocity being held in April - with 6 climbs on it ...
    fwiw I did the Burgess Hill one and I thought it was pretty good. Agreed it was pretty flat but I thought the route was good and there was some nice lanes not overun with traffic or potholes.. As I recall it was very windy so it was still a challenging ride on the day.. Don't know anything about the one in April though...
  • Bam.

Thanks for the reply, yes the one i have entered in April starts in Staplehurst, run by Velocity.

Thanks,
    Graham
    Giant Contend SL 2 Disc
    Giant Defy 3 Adv 2018
    "I brake for cake!"
  • Resurrecting this thread as bored and thinking of going for this as its only across the water from Essex for me.

No local knowledge but 6 climbs and including a 4 mile KOM finale.....I'm having 2nd thoughts...
    Anyone???
    Summer Bike - Orbea Onix (Ultegra)/American Classics Carbon 58 wheels
    Winter Bike - Boardman Team Carbon (Rival)/Mavic Krysiums
    Commuter - Reynolds Steel Single Speed
    Family Bike - Boardman Hybrid Comp
    Training -Specialized Langster
    MTB -Carrera Vengeance
  • andy_nD
    andy_nD Posts: 40
    Just back from riding this for the first time. A nice morning in the saddle, despite the threatening weather. Good route - fast, but with enough climbing to keep it interesting. Well signed with a good selection of sweet things at the feed stop. Plenty of marshalls out early on, and towards the end, and lots of friendly faces around the course.

I would definitely ride this event again - at 14 quid it's brilliant value, and delivers just as much (if not more) than most other sportives I've ridden.
  • I agree with you Andy, well organised, and the weather held off (just), got there eventually as it was my first time at this distance, and first sportive.

Well done to the organising team, and i will be back next year.
    Giant Contend SL 2 Disc
    Giant Defy 3 Adv 2018
    "I brake for cake!"