Stumpjumper fsr or Camber help plz! :)

BouncerHayton
BouncerHayton Posts: 4
edited February 2012 in MTB buying advice
Ok so last week i sold my spesh xc expert fsr 2010 model and the reason i sold it was that it didnt feel right coming down trails it just felt a little unsafe if that makes sense.

so i decided to put a deposit down on a new bike with a bit higher spec then what i had the two bikes that i carnt decide on are the camber fsr expert 2011 and the stumpjumper fsr comp 2011.

But im not sure if i like the red and white paint job on the stumpy but not only that the stumpy has a m5 frame and the camber is m4 does that make alot of differnce? because i am not a light person (17 stone) and i have noticed that the 2012 cambers now use the m5 frame.

I will be using the bike for xc/trails with jumps and lots of ruts and roots and alot of climbing. Any help would be amazing thanks Mike.

Comments

• omegas
    omegas Posts: 970
    the reason i sold it was that it didnt feel right coming down trails it just felt a little unsafe if that makes sense.

Explain more :?:
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    I'd go stumpy. I've got the 2011 one and it climbs very well. If price is not an issue go for the stumpy because its a much better all rounder.

Awaits the torrent of people saying you don't need more than 50mm fork travel and 90 degree head angle to huck 5 foot gaps to flat etc etc...
  • omegas wrote:
    the reason i sold it was that it didnt feel right coming down trails it just felt a little unsafe if that makes sense.

Explain more :?:

:roll:

well before the xc i had a whyte 46 and that bike was amazing maybe thats why the xc felt abit funny. so what i am looking for is maybe the stumpy thanks guys.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Really tempted by a Camber myself as my new hardtail :lol: The difference between the two doesn't seem so massive to me tbh, both ought to suit. Considered the Stumpy Evo?
    Uncompromising extremist
  • i went for the stumpy comp 2011 thanks guys. Yea i looked at the evo but its out of my price range.