Iran / Israel

2»

Comments

• First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,992
    cjcp wrote:
    When someone mentioned a very scary country with nuclear bombs earlier, were they talking about a Republican US or a country in the ME?

Eggs-actly.

The USA having missiles that can probably blow anyone who annoys them up in under 2 minutes, or, I dunno, bounce off the moon and kill us all; at the same time as a republican wind-up to election is going on is far more scary to me than Iran having the capability to theoretically make some nukes at some point.

Hypocrisy much? Who said we have to be the world's maiden aunt?

I might just move to Sweden. Or switzerland. Or any country beginning with Sw-. Oh, no, hang on, does Swaziland still exist?

EDIT: @Noodles -- I spent 4 months in Israel, one of the best summers of my life. They're all just people, and the ones I hung out with were almost undividedly nice, if a tad sexist!
    Jesus you'll be telling us you like South Africans* next

Its a reference to a song, if anyone is concerned
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    cjcp wrote:
    When someone mentioned a very scary country with nuclear bombs earlier, were they talking about a Republican US or a country in the ME?

Eggs-actly.

The USA having missiles that can probably blow anyone who annoys them up in under 2 minutes, or, I dunno, bounce off the moon and kill us all; at the same time as a republican wind-up to election is going on is far more scary to me than Iran having the capability to theoretically make some nukes at some point.

Hypocrisy much? Who said we have to be the world's maiden aunt?

I might just move to Sweden. Or switzerland. Or any country beginning with Sw-. Oh, no, hang on, does Swaziland still exist?

EDIT: @Noodles -- I spent 4 months in Israel, one of the best summers of my life. They're all just people, and the ones I hung out with were almost undividedly nice, if a tad sexist!
    Jesus you'll be telling us you like South Africans* next

Its a reference to a song, if anyone is concerned

And that's not bloody surprising, mate, because they're....
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • se-po
    se-po Posts: 47
    cjcp wrote:

China and Russia have no interest in being global policemen, particularly the former who are more concerned with securing investment in mineral and raw material resources e.g. western Africa.

I agree they don't want to be another global policeman like the US, but China has got a lot of investments in Iran in the oil industry.
    If the US bombs the Iran, these investments may be at risk.
    Also not sure about the involvement of Europe and UK in this new war.
    Going alone would be very difficult for the US, and would the Eurozone and UK spend other public money in another global war after the failure of Iraq and Afghanistan?
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    All I'll add is that in an address in Germany this week the CEO of my multibillion Swiss owned company was way more concerned about the II issue than anything regarding the eurozone.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.