nicklouse
nicklouse Posts: 50,675
edited February 2012 in The Crudcatcher
the new SUV will be the Macan.

So whe have the Macan chips.

and where is Maddy Macan

You are short of a c and an N and you could have a full Maddy

Sorry
"Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
Parktools :?:SheldonBrown

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    BERLIN -- Porsche's new SUV will be called the Macan. The vehicle, previously known as the Cajun, will be produced at Porsche's Leipzig factory and launch next year, the automaker said today in a statement. The Macan will be smaller than Porsche's best-selling Cayenne.

"The Macan combines all the characteristics of a sports car with the advantages of an SUV and is a real Porsche," sales chief Bernhard Maier said in the statement.

The vehicle's name stems from the Indonesian word for tiger, Porsche said. It will be the carmaker's fifth model line after the 911, Boxster roadster, Cayenne, and Panamera four-door coupe. By 2018, Porsche aims to boost annual sales to more than 200,000 units, up from 118,867 units in 2011.

Source: Bloomberg with contribution from Douglas A. Bolduc

Read more: http://www.autonews.com/article/2012021 ... z1mYkzYUIn

AR-302169848.jpg

The Porsche Macan's name stems from the Indonesian word for tiger.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • What a fitting name.
  • The Americans are SOOO much better than everyone else at naming cars.

Chargers, Mustang, Cobra, Viper etc.

The Germans should just outsource that stuff to people with creativity. Why the hell would you name a car after the most boring sport in the world - Golf?
    <hr noshade size="1"><font color="purple"><center><i><b><font size="2"><font face="Times New Roman"> "Boggis and Bunce and Bean. One fat, one short, one lean. These horrible crooks. So different in looks. Were none the less equally mean."</font id="Times New Roman"></b></font id="size2"></i></center></font id="purple">
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,455
    The Americans are SOOO much better than everyone else at naming cars.

Chargers, Mustang, Cobra, Viper etc.

The Germans should just outsource that stuff to people with creativity. Why the hell would you name a car after the most boring sport in the world - Golf?
    I like some of the Jap car names - apparently Mitsubishi wanted to launch a sports car over here called 'Mitsubishi Stallion' (American stylee), but owing to linguistic difficulties we got the Mitsubishi Starion...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    apparently Mitsubishi wanted to launch a sports car over here called 'Mitsubishi Stallion' (American stylee), but owing to linguistic difficulties we got the Mitsubishi Starion...

If that's true, it's the most awesome thing ever!
  • I prefer starion though lol!

The Toyota MR-2 is called the Coupe MR in France... although merdeux is probably fitting.
  • Stevo_666
    A few more:
    http://www.oddee.com/item_93544.aspx
    FFS don't go on a driving holiday to Spain in a Mitsubishi Pajero :lol:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    A few more:

My mums just bought a Jazz
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    A few more:

Wonder if Fully-Mong drives one?
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    A few more:

Wonder if Fully-Mong drives one?

apparently he used to drive a bus

viewtopic.php?f=10007&t=12837006
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    What do you mean, time to start ribbing the Porsche drivers? Were we supposed to respect them before or something?
  • PaulC7
    PaulC7 Posts: 112
    Looking like just a larger version of the Panamera.. not too keen on it.
  • Stevo_666
    Their last effort at an SUV wasn't too great.

231166-Cayenne.jpg
  • Why the hell would you name a car after the most boring sport in the world - Golf?
    wikipedia wrote:
    The Golf name is derived from the German word for Gulf Stream and the period in its history when VW named vehicles after prominent winds, including also the Passat (after the German word for Trade wind), Jetta (after the Jet stream), Bora (after Bora) and Scirocco (after Sirocco).
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    bompington wrote:
    What do you mean, time to start ribbing the Porsche drivers? Were we supposed to respect them before or something?

I smell a poor person...
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    My dad phoned me up last week all excited about the new boxster :?
    New-Porsche-Boxster-2012-side.jpg
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • VWsurfbum wrote:
    My dad phoned me up last week all excited about the new boxster :?
    New-Porsche-Boxster-2012-side.jpg

To be fair... thats rather nice.
  • bompington
    Andy wrote:
    bompington wrote:

I smell a poor person...
    Wrong... I'm just perfectly happy with my skoda ;-)
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    bompington wrote:
    Andy wrote:
    bompington wrote:

I smell a poor person...
    Wrong... I'm just perfectly happy with my overpriced VW ;-)
  • bompington
    Andy wrote:
    bompington wrote:
    Andy wrote:
    bompington wrote:

I smell a poor person...
    Wrong... I'm just perfectly happy with my overpriced VW ;-)
    Indeed, it's getting that way... thankfully I bought mine in the good old days (i.e. a couple of years ago) when it was the other way round. Looks like the days are gone when I could describe it as being like a tesco value quattro ;-)