Raleigh Record Sprint

sexysi
sexysi Posts: 50
edited June 2012 in Road general
Can anyone help, one of my many projects, is respraying and rebuilding a 1980 Raleigh record sprint, had one when i was a kid. Does anyone in the whole world do a decal set for them. Cause at the moment it looks like I will have to get them specially made by a sign company.

cheer si
"Oh, Edmund! Can it be true? That I hold here, in my mortal hands, a nugget of purest green!"
Road = 1980 Raleigh Record Sprint
MTB = 2000 Scott Vail
Road = 2002 Peugeot c300 comp road race bike
Road = 2012 Bianchi Impulso
Car = Saab 93, MGTF

Comments

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    There's these but they seem to be different to the usual ones - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RALEIGH-Recor ... 5adf1c144f

There are places that do this sort of thing - I have a nice long list from one but unfortunately they haven't put any info about themselves on it so I can't point you to them..... :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • sexysi
    sexysi Posts: 50
    Yes i have seen these before, but these are the older style ones the ones i'm after are the space 1999 version. Ie the ones that have the aerospace shuttle on them.
    4085704082_2b4a216d33.jpg
    4085703516_fa1edd5426.jpg
    1791264111_12cd29715b_b.jpg

si
    "Oh, Edmund! Can it be true? That I hold here, in my mortal hands, a nugget of purest green!"
    Road = 1980 Raleigh Record Sprint
    MTB = 2000 Scott Vail
    Road = 2002 Peugeot c300 comp road race bike
    Road = 2012 Bianchi Impulso
    Car = Saab 93, MGTF
  • byke68
    byke68 Posts: 1,070
    Parents brought me one years ago, can't remember the year but it was a great bike for the money. Can't remember what happened to it but it was replaced with a Raleigh Quaser. A mad but brilliant bike! Happy days!
    Cannondale Trail 6 - crap brakes!
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • kteeteee
    kteeteee Posts: 1
    Did you manage to find the RRS decals?
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Ask Ezy_Rider, he knows someone.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • bromyG
    bromyG Posts: 59
    Love the bike - I had one - bought with my first pay packet in 1980! Seeing yours brings back happy memories.
    BromyG

Red Brompton S6L
  • Aha - my first new bike bought with my own cash. :D

Were they built of Reynolds 501 ? Campag group set of some sort, and I had new wheels build for it (by a local guy).

Mine was far too big for me, but what did I know :lol:
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • fludey
    fludey Posts: 384
    Always wanted one of these but never had one, but brings back memories of mum n dad saving to buy me my first decent bike back then. Spent many a happy mile on a Peugeot Triathlon with an old 105 group set......those were days when you didn't need a bike fit to be comfy!
    Felt AR4
    Planet X Pro Carbon 105
    MTB Kona Kikapu Deluxe with a few upgrades!!
  • byke68
    byke68 Posts: 1,070
    Aha - my first new bike bought with my own cash. :D

Were they built of Reynolds 501 ? Campag group set of some sort, and I had new wheels build for it (by a local guy).

Yep, pretty sure they were Reynolds 501. Fairly new to the Reynolds range at the time. Can't remember the groupset, don't think it was Campag. The first thing I done to it was to remove the frog-leg brake lever extensions, hated them. Still, it was a great looking bike for it's time.
    Cannondale Trail 6 - crap brakes!
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    I thought they were 531.

I had a Raleigh Team Replica in 501 I lusted after the Record Sprint - came with black rims too.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • byke68 wrote:
    Aha - my first new bike bought with my own cash. :D

Yep, pretty sure they were Reynolds 501. Fairly new to the Reynolds range at the time. Can't remember the groupset, don't think it was Campag. The first thing I done to it was to remove the frog-leg brake lever extensions, hated them. Still, it was a great looking bike for it's time.

You're right re. Groupset. I think I had a set of wheels with Campag hubs and double-butted spokes - was mighty chuffed ( except the wheel build wasn't quite right and kept losing tension on he rear).

Frog-leg levers also removed :-)
    All the gear, but no idea...