Karma, Mancunian style...

msmancunia
msmancunia Posts: 1,415
edited February 2012 in Commuting chat
Cycling to work this morning and I got overtaken by a guy (I think) on a white Specialized at the bottom of Broadway in Manchester. I was pootling as it's the first day back on the bike after a camera down my belly button two weeks ago, so didn't try to catch up - I just ambled along behind him at a half decent pace.

Turned on to Oldham Rd, he's still maybe 100ms in front, and this huge guy steams past us both. And when I say huge, I don't mean Mark Cavendish thighs etc, I mean fat like a hungry bouncer. He was absolutely massive, his knees are almost at a right angle to the bike when he's pedalling, so he looks really odd. Then he blatently jumps a red light, which I can't stand, and then we don't see him for dust.

About a mile, two miles later, I go through the junction that takes you to the Velodrome, and guess who's off his bike fixing a puncture? Fat Bloke. I know it's mean and very unladylike, but it made me smile all the way to Salford.... :)
Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity

Comments

• Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Not mean and very ladylike. Unladylike behaviour would have been very loud raucous laughter and finger pointing :lol:
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Fat bloke was carrying a spare tyre so he was well equipped for the puncture :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    The can put camera's down belly buttons now?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • I just hope they didn't use a pocket brownie.
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • Cafewanda wrote:
    Not mean and very ladylike. Unladylike behaviour would have been very loud raucous laughter and finger pointing :lol:

... whilst farting
  • BONKSTRONG wrote:
    Cafewanda wrote:

... whilst farting

... and scratching your genitals
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    BONKSTRONG wrote:
    Cafewanda wrote:

... whilst farting

... and scratching your genitals

Sounds like you've already met Cafewanda :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.