Tyres for my mountain bike plz

churchygti
churchygti Posts: 84
edited February 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hello,

Im starting to use my mountain bike to travel 10+ miles a day to the gf and back on the road. My question is im looking to fit a set of road tyres? to a spare set of 26" mountain bike wheels which will be better than my mountain bike tyres. Could you recommend a setup and good tyres for as cheap as i can. And if the setup is worth doing. Thanks Regards John. :D
The beast rocks (High lodge)

Hardrock 09 - Rockshox Dart 2

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Budget - Scwalbe city jet, no question, can be had for as little as a tenner each.
    Up from that and if you want to go narrower, WTB slickasaurus are lighter and more puncture resistant than anything else at the circa £15-20 each you'll pay.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Budget - Scwalbe city jet, no question, can be had for as little as a tenner each.
    Up from that and if you want to go narrower, WTB slickasaurus are lighter and more puncture resistant than anything else at the circa £15-20 each you'll pay.

Simon

This ^

I've got some Kenda somethingorothers on my nail that are the same as the city jets in appearance and price,got them off eBay. Quick enough and sturdy enough.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017