Cervelo RS

vision267
vision267 Posts: 149
edited February 2012 in Road beginners
Yeah I have a RS,and I like it.I just well, I feel I'v outgrown it.The bike feels sluggish although it still feels great on hills.Before I bought this bike a friend advised me not to get it.Crap power transfer bad descender were his words.Maybe its because it does everything so nicely its just a little boring.

Or maybe I'm expecting too much out of my bike.Any of you guy's agree with me or am I being silly.A friend of mine has a felt f3 we swopped for a short time.The f3 felt alive although its a harsh ride,but its really put doubts in my mind about my RS.

Comments

• vision267 wrote:
    Yeah I have a RS,and I like it.I just well, I feel I'v outgrown it.The bike feels sluggish although it still feels great on hills.Before I bought this bike a friend advised me not to get it.Crap power transfer bad descender were his words.Maybe its because it does everything so nicely its just a little boring.

Or maybe I'm expecting too much out of my bike.Any of you guy's agree with me or am I being silly.A friend of mine has a felt f3 we swopped for a short time.The f3 felt alive although its a harsh ride,but its really put doubts in my mind about my RS.
    I'm just wondering is there anyone out there who has a RS.How have you found it,is it a bike that can get boring after a few years? :oops: Some of my mates mock me over it being an old mans bike.
  • vision267 wrote:

Perhaps its you that slugglish not the bike? maybe you dont have much power to transfer :P
    10 mile TT pb - 20:56 R10/17
    25 - 53:07 R25/7
    Now using strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/155152
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Didn't Thor ride an RS to victory in Paris Roubaix ?
    I'm thinking it's power transfer isn't that bad.
  • Maybe time for an R3
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    cougie wrote:
    I'm thinking it's power transfer isn't that bad.

Thor's never won Paris Roubaix.

Vansummeren won it on a Cervelo.

Wouldn't tell you much. Most pro-bikes have come within a top 10 at Roubaix at some point.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Nowt wrong with the bike whatsoever. There is however something wrong with your mates' perception of it.
    The 'power transfer' will be better than most of the top bikes from 10 years ago.
    What wheels do you have?
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • cougie wrote:

Hushovd hasn't won Roubaix. He's had a 2nd place in 2010 where he was using an R3 and a 3rd in 2009 where I think the team all used the RS. Cervelo have won the race 3 times, with O'Grady in 2006, Cancellara in 2007 and Van Summeren last year, all using an R3, but then they tend to be modified with longer wheelbase and wheel clearances.
  • Maybe time for an R3

Why not get an S2. The 2012 model is £1,700! Bargain-tastic!
  • napoleond
    Having owned both I'd say the R3 is better.
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,662
    NapoleonD wrote:

Totally off topic, but for why?

Just interested like....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Sure, but the 2012 R3 is more expensive. Or the OP could get a 2011 S2 for £1,600?

http://www.royles.biz/product/8194/Cerv ... teRed_2011
  • ddraver wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

Totally off topic, but for why?

Just interested like....

Cos it's the bike he has now?

:D
  • napoleond
    More comfortable but just as stiff. Not noticed any aero penalty with the R3.
    ABCC Cycling Coach