LookMumNoHands review

optimisticbiker
optimisticbiker Posts: 1,657
edited February 2012 in Commuting chat
Finally managed to get out at lunch time for a break, so wandered the couple of blocks to LookMumNoHands (at 49 Old Street) to see what its all about.

Was busy (about 1pm) but not unduly so. Being a veggie eater I ordered a 'butternut squash, spinach and feta' pie (£4.95 without salad, £7.95 with :o - I went without) and a coffee (total £7.45), got the wifi password and sat down.

Coffee arrived very quickly, relatively small cup for £2.50, but pie took about 20mins and arrived with some salad but I suppose it could have just been garnish. Pie was mainly filled with butternut squash and onions - 70% onion I'd say, and couldn't see/taste any spinach and the feta was dissappointingly bland.

Wifi was incredibly slow. I reckon there were maybe 5 or 6 users and although my tablet was saying I had a fair connection @ 11Mbps this site was virtually unusable although my IMAP email fared a little better.

All in all, not the greatest lunch experience, tho the ambience was good, lots of roadies in there and a few bikes being repaired in the workshop out back.

Will I go back? Maybe, but there are better value places for lunch in the area.

Incidentally, next door @ 61 Old Street there is a new? shop 'the bicycle man'. I query new because until we moved offices in December this was my route to work and I don't recall this shop and it's pretty distinctive. Anyone know anything about it?
Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:

Comments

• pete54
    pete54 Posts: 488
    I know what you mean. I want to like LMNH, but I just don't...

The food is overpriced and the screen which they show the cycling on is very poor. And you can't hear the sound.

It's also packed at the weekends in the Summer, which I guess means a lot of people like it, but is another reason why I don't!

The Rapha Cycle Club they had up the road a couple of years ago was much better, great screens, magazines and books to read etc. It's now a Sainsbury's, unfortunately. The good news is that they are opening a permanent one in April. I'm hoping it'll be in King's Cross...