University Cycle Survey

john_shaleem
john_shaleem Posts: 6
edited February 2012 in MTB general
I have decided to design a cycle computer for my uni's project. I will like some feedback from this survey if you would be able to fill it out. Thanks.

I am fully aware that it's not the most complex survey and many options have been left out. The price range is the price that the product must cost and the features added are features we can definitely write the code for, so it would be appreciated if you avoided filling out the survey if it doesn't meet your standards. If you can fill it out then it would help me out a lot. Cheers :mrgreen:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PRXM286

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    IMHO pointless survey. No option for multiple choices, price range £100-£200 - really? A basic computer is a few £'s from Halfords.
    Silly questions such as 'Cannot pay for a product like this' - what product and what price?
    A mobile phone will do pretty much everything everything you have in your last list.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    IMHO pointless survey. No option for multiple choices, price range £100-£200 - really? A basic computer is a few £'s from Halfords.
    Silly questions such as 'Cannot pay for a product like this' - what product and what price?
    A mobile phone will do pretty much everything everything you have in your last list.

Yes and it cannot be a really basic computer from Halfords :wink:

We have a brief and the options we have provided follow this brief. What product? A cycle computer. What price? Between £100 and £200.

If this survey was very very important then we would have made it more in depth than 10 simple questions. Cheers.
  • cooldad
    As you don't consider it important, I'm out.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    As you don't consider it important, I'm out.

Good :)
  • ricardo_smooth
    ricardo_smooth Posts: 1,281
    edited February 2012
    As you have posted purely for the purposes I your survey and aren't THAT into bikes......i'm out
  • Like the other two, i think the pitch was very poor, the finished product inept, and i'm afraid i can not be investing my time in your survey. So with regards, i'm out.
  • May of been a bit over the top, i just couldn't resist not joining in :oops:

I agree with cooldad, but i filled the survey in anyway.
  • gezebo
    gezebo Posts: 364
    Will you share the results of your survey?

100-200? That's got to be a joke right? You may as well strap a smartphone to your bars! I filled it though.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    edited February 2012
    Erm, £100-.£200 is a 100% increase, anyone considering a product at £100 won't be apying £200.

Its not a computer at that price it should be a full on GPS equipped route planner, sat-nav and feedback device.

I've done your survey as I know you'll need the results towards your degree, but if it was for commercial purposes I couldn't have been arsed as it's inept to be honest, much more homework was needed before you leapt into Cooldad (shark) infested waters with both feet!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    I am more of a basking shark TBH. Big mouth no teeth.
    shark276.jpg
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    That'll be your age, I'm sure your gums still do serious damage to a steak and chips!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    That'll be your age, I'm sure your gums still do serious damage to a steak and chips!

Simon

I just have my nurse pre chew everything.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools