Passportes Du Soleil

andyg1966
andyg1966 Posts: 63
edited March 2012 in Holidays
Just booked my ticket for this years Passportes Du Soleil on the Sunday.

Cant wait ...
Trek Stache 8 29er
Orange Five Pro 2011
Rock Lobster Team Ti (Custom) 2010
Whyte Stirling - Hybrid
Southdowns MTB Club http://www.southdownsmtb.co.uk/

Comments

• weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    me too .... although God knows how many times i've been charged for it... the webiste was 'interesting' earlier on.
  • Another one here !
    Me and 5 mates are in, riding the route on sunday starting in Les Gets, also booked trhe hope night ride for the friday night. Cant wait !!
    PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY
  • And me, starting at morzine on the saturday, like you say, was a nightmare booking it !
    Trek Fuel Ex 9.8 2010
    Yeti SB66
  • I would love to do this next year, have you guys done it before and how much experience do you need to do it
    Cheers
  • gregwari
    gregwari Posts: 230
    Foesrider wrote:
    Another one here !
    Me and 5 mates are in, riding the route on sunday starting in Les Gets, also booked trhe hope night ride for the friday night. Cant wait !!
    Likewise, booked into Les Gets. Riding on the Friday. It's our first time out there, have you been out before?? We're all debating whether our bikes will be up to it. I ride a Giant Anthem, feedback seems mixed but generally it seems like it should be ok. Put a shorter stem on, ordered wider (700mm) bar and will probably change the rotas from 160mm to 180mm. Any views?? Should we be looking to hire a longer travel bike out there??
    cheers, have a good one
  • No i've never been before either, from the videos ive seen you can pretty much do it on any bike its just a case of how much you are going to get out of it and also if you are planning on hitting the parks after you might need to think about that. Really excited though :lol:
  • I'm another one heading down there.
    weeksy59 wrote:
    although God knows how many times i've been charged for it... the webiste was 'interesting' earlier on.

I know just what you mean. I booked for 6 of us, including Foesrider, and was getting ready to throw the laptop out of the window when the site crashed. By the time I got back on all the starts from Morzine, where we've booked an apartment were gone for Saturday and Sunday. So we're starting from Les Gets instead which looks to be just a short ride down the valley.

I've visited the Alps many times to climb and on the motorbike but this'll be my first trip with the mtb. Can't wait.
    Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared - Rickenbacker.
  • Of the 6 of us going, 3 have bought new bikes since we booked. Foesrider's shiny new steed is on the site somewhere. I've just built up a Canyon Nerve AM for one of the others who dropped on a bargain frame from them. And Jon's just collected an Orange 5, which I've not seen but I'm told he's had it painted black to match the limited edition ones and specced it up with XTR throughout.

So I thnk we're all getting a bit giddy. :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared - Rickenbacker.
  • Foesrider
    Foesrider Posts: 48
    The preperation is one of the best parts, you get to spend a load of money and tell the wife its for safety reasons :lol:
    Really cant wait now ive got my new bike, just to keep looking on CRC to see if they start selling 'Balls of Steel' insted of the little girl ones ive got at the moment :oops:
  • Hi all,

Myself and 4 mates are booked up for PPdS this year it's our first time at the event and have an apartment booked in Morzine for the week. Unfortunately due to the website crashing and places filling up fast we are riding on the Friday from Morzine.

My question is, What do we do for the rest of the week? there is only so much cheese and beer i can consume.

Does anyone know if you get a free day lift pass for the area again like they did last year? and are you able to use that on the Monday? or is there some clause that you have to wait a week or two?

Can anyone recommend another area in easy driving distance thats worth going for a days riding?

I take it you can't ride the PPdS area whilst the event is on. Do they stop you using the lifts?

Look forward to your replys

Matt