This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.

berliner
berliner Posts: 340
edited February 2012 in The bottom bracket
This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle,
This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars,
This other Eden, demi-paradise,
This fortress built by Nature for herself
Against infection and the hand of war,
This happy breed of men, this little world,
This precious stone set in the silver sea,
Which serves it in the office of a wall
Or as a moat defensive to a house,
Against the envy of less happier lands,--
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-17015287

Comments

• to be fair there's much else to do in hull.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Jeez, yet another example of how the law in this country is seriously and well and truly f*cked. 3 years? Should have been 20.
  • Jeez, yet another example of how the law in this country is seriously and well and truly f*cked. 3 years? Should have been 20.

+1
  • Must be my sense of humour, I actually chuckled at the bit that said someone tried to disarm him with a chair and he just chopped it in half. Who'd have thought it, a chainsaw doing that to some wood. Meanwhile in another story, a man went on the rampage with a hot knife and was unsuccessfully tackled by a member of the public who was using a large block of butter....
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    Must be my sense of humour, I actually chuckled at the bit that said someone tried to disarm him with a chair and he just chopped it in half. Who'd have thought it, a chainsaw doing that to some wood. Meanwhile in another story, a man went on the rampage with a hot knife and was unsuccessfully tackled by a member of the public who was using a large block of butter....

No. He just chopped it in half basically, I have no doubt that this also happened "at the end of the day". :wink:

The older I get, the better I was.

• daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Capt Slog wrote:
    I have no doubt that this also happened "at the end of the day". :wink:
    To be fair, it was night. :wink:
    Can't help but notice that he has a black eye.
    A fall down some stairs perhaps? :twisted:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Det Con Richard Mills, from Humberside Police, said the consequences of Dinnen's actions could have been much worse.

"It could have been to any end of the scale. A weapon such as that knows no boundaries - anything it touches it will cut.

Seriously? Sheesh, he ain't exactly Hercule Poirot is he ...................

I can see it now (adopt Luxembourgish accent) "Eh, Fabian, get the chainsaw, we f5ck up Gilbert this year and he win nutthhinnn" ......
  • drays
    drays Posts: 119
    ahh the CCTV footage at the end showing a number of upstanding members of the community beating the cr@p out of him with chairs warms the coccles of my heart. :D

He should have been strung up. :twisted:
    2014 Planet X Pro Carbon
    2012 Boardman Hybrid Comp
    2010 Boardman Pro Hardtail
    c1994 Raleigh Outland MTB
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    drays wrote:
    ahh the CCTV footage at the end showing a number of upstanding members of the community beating the cr@p out of him with chairs warms the coccles of my heart. :D
    +1 on that.

If more felons had their plums kicked up into their adenoids there would be a lot less repeat offenders.

The older I get, the better I was.