Jonathan Bellis

pottssteve
pottssteve Posts: 4,069
edited February 2012 in Pro race
Good to see him picked up by An Poste this season...
Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs

Comments

• finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Better than being picked up by Ann Widdecombe.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,558
    johnfinch wrote:
    Better than being picked up by Ann Widdecombe.

Thanks for that. Now I've got to try and bleach my brain.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    There is an article on Bellis on the Velonation website:

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/11153 ... -team.aspx

It looks like he still has some way to go to get up to the level required, but hopefully he will get there in the end. He is still young, so has time on his side.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Good article about him in this month's Pro Cycling.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Good article about him in this month's Pro Cycling.

There is.

Didn't realise he was so young! (23)
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    I really hope that he can get his career back on track , would be a huge achievement after his accident.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Agreed. Pleased for him that he's been picked up by An Post, although Saxo did stand by him when he had his accident.
  • Tusher wrote:
    Agreed. Pleased for him that he's been picked up by An Post, although Saxo did stand by him when he had his accident.

Saxo do like to stick by their riders when they have had an 'accident'... :wink:
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Tusher wrote:

Kelly's expectations of Bellis:

“I don’t think we can expect anything from Bellis until the latter part of the season,” says Kelly of the former Saxo Bank starlet.

“That’s going to be a slow process. In March he’s going to ride some of the inter club races in Belgium and we’ll see how he comes along. It’s impossible to forecast how he will improve but I don’t think we will see much of him for the first part of the season but hopefully he will start coming back to himself in the latter part of the year.”
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Sounds exactly what Bellis needs just now- to get some racing under his belt with no unrealistic expectations