Good news for Celtic Supporters

spongtastic
spongtastic Posts: 2,651
edited February 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?

Comments

• Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    If you have no one to play with You don't have anyone to play with .

How can this be good news for Celtic without Rangers there is no Celtic.
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • Not to mention a few of the other clubs that basically survive on revenue (be it gates, be it the tv deal) generated by them.
    Formally known as Coatbridgeguy
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Should have paid their tax bill
  • It's sir david murray, craig whyte and the boards fault and their fault alone :evil:
    if you own/run the biggest business in scottish football ,how can you not pay the tax for that business ?

And if gers do go bump, how are clubs like dundee,killie,st mirren,etc,etc and to a lesser extent cel*ic going to cope with all the coin rangers bring to the table through gate reciepts, for those clubs.... and the old firm derby is a totally different kettle of fish compaired to st.mirren v cel*ic...........
  • castlelad wrote:

And if gers do go bump, how are clubs like dundee,killie,st mirren,etc,etc and to a lesser extent cel*ic going to cope with all the coin rangers bring to the table through gate reciepts, for those clubs.... and the old firm derby is a totally different kettle of fish compaired to st.mirren v cel*ic...........

St Mirren are the only club in the SPL who aren't in debt. The rest are up poop creek though
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    And this is why Scottish football is crap, reliant on 2 teams.
  • Not the only reason, but a major one
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,509
    matthew h wrote:
    They don't know what the bill is yet as the tax tribunal hasn't ruled on the case yet. Sounds like the filing for administration is a part of the 'game' with HMRC to try to get the tax man to settle for less than the armageddon scenario of £75m or whatever the worst case is that's been touted around.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Richie63 wrote:
    How can this be good news for Celtic without Rangers there is no Celtic.

There will always be the glorious Heart of Midlothian FC.

Until Romanov sells them on Ebay anyway. Next free listing day I hear.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    I'm sure Gers supporters could easily find another big team in Glasgow to switch allegiance to ;-)

More seriously, how much of their success has been on the never-never? They have won the league 17 out of the last 25 years - does the dodgy finance go back to their 9 in a row in the 80s/90s?

TBH I have nothing against Rangers or their mirror image, but the dominance of the old firm is a totally malignant influence on Scottish football.

PS what has 4 legs and more money than Rangers?

Harry Redknapp's dog, of course
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    breaking news!

Gazza has just turned up at ibrox with a six pack, some chicken and a fishing rod to sort things out!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    They don't know what the bill is yet as the tax tribunal hasn't ruled on the case yet. Sounds like the filing for administration is a part of the 'game' with HMRC to try to get the tax man to settle for less than the armageddon scenario of £75m or whatever the worst case is that's been touted around.

They know the tax they originally avoided, waiting for the settlement might cost them more with interest and penalties
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,509
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

They know the tax they originally avoided, waiting for the settlement might cost them more with interest and penalties
    They seem to know the worst case outcome for sure, though the club must be in a real financial mess if they can't afford what would have been due if they hadn't done this trust scheme.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    I really hope the HMRC win their high court case against the current football creditors rule in operation in the Premier and Football Leagues.

It is about time football paid the price for a club going tits up rather than the tax payer, the non footballing employees and local business etc - all currently get screwed under the present system.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Agreed , the same will happen to the likes of man city,chelsea and other so called big clubs...maybe not in my lifetime but it will happen !
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Didn't something similar happen to Leeds a few years ago?
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • tlw1
    castlelad wrote:
    Agreed , the same will happen to the likes of man city,chelsea and other so called big clubs...maybe not in my lifetime but it will happen !

Think chelski have just settled a hmrc case (can't be bothered to check)!