What's Afan like at the mo?

tofu21
tofu21 Posts: 359
edited February 2012 in Routes
Hello,

I'm heading down to Afan this coming Friday for a couple of days of riding.

It's the first time that I've been down to Afan so am after a bit of a heads up on what the conditions are like.

Looking at the weather forecast, it's going to be above freezing with the chance of rain. Well that's what it's
saying at the moment so may change. I'm hoping that the last of the ice that is currently hanging about will have cleared.

What are the routes like when it's a bit cold and possibly a bit wet? Are any better than others?

Thanks
Simon

Comments

• d00m
    d00m Posts: 160
    Was up there on the weekend, bit of melting ice, slush, and the exposed sections (windy point, 373, graveyard) were about the muddiest I've ever seen them. Fun :mrgreen:
    Should be just mud by next weekend.
  • d00m
    d00m Posts: 160
    d00m wrote:
    Was up there on the weekend, bit of melting ice, slush, and the exposed sections (windy point, 373, graveyard) were about the muddiest I've ever seen them. Fun :mrgreen:
    Should be just mud by next weekend.

All the routes are rideable in the wet, if there's no major ice present you should have nothing to worry about. It never turns into an all out mudfest.
  • tofu21
    tofu21 Posts: 359
    Brilliant thanks.

I still have flash-backs to many years of wall to wall mud at mountaim mayhem.... so knowing it wont be a mudfest is good to know.