Tour o' the Borders route

cframe
cframe Posts: 171
Does anyone on the boards know about the route that's planned for the Tour o' the Borders at the end of April?

http://tourotheborders.com/

First I heard about it was over the weekend, can imagine it'll be a pretty nice wee route given it's starting down in Peebles.

Nice site design too :)
How's that for a slice of fried gold?

Comments

• Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    I know the route well and I do a 120 mile route that takes in all the roads listed. Roads are quiet and the scenery is amazing and whilst there is a lot of climbs they are individually not hard. Many other sportives use part or most of the route also.
    Brian B.
  • Details of the route are available as part of the sign-up package. I'm planning to do it but delaying sign-up for budget reasons for the moment.

As for Brian, they're my local roads and I agree they are stunning for their solitude as well as their scenery. Worth also saying they've taken a bit of a hammering over the last three hard winters though, in places.
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,819
    £35 quid (for on-line entry, +£5 for on the day) - a little steep , no ?
  • Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    [quote=" As for Brian, they're my local roads and I agree they are stunning for their solitude as well as their scenery. Worth also saying they've taken a bit of a hammering over the last three hard winters though, in places.[/quote]

Still better than a lot of roads I travel over though and most of the time the surface is acceptable.
    Brian B.
  • Brian B wrote:
    Still better than a lot of roads I travel over though and most of the time the surface is acceptable.

Brian, I totally agree, the roads are mostly excellent, the poor bits seem to be mainly freeze/thaw damage on the higher roads. I'm a bit sensitive to it as I had an off recently due to an unexpected broken surface on a downhill.
  • cframe
    cframe Posts: 171
    The organisers got in touch with me on Twitter the other day to say that yeah the route won't be getting announced until you pick up your entry stuff on the day.

I'm putting it down as a definite maybe in my quest to get some decent miles in me before this years Etape Caledonia!
    How's that for a slice of fried gold?