First the UCI, now the WTC?

BikingBernie
BikingBernie Posts: 2,163
edited February 2012 in Pro race
9th February 20102

Lance Armstrong and the World Triathlon Corporation announced a long-rumored partnership this morning that will include the seven-time Tour de France winner competing as a professional triathlete in several Ironman and Ironman 70.3 races, including Ironman 70.3 in Haines City, Fla., on May 20.

The deal, one of the endurance sports industry’s biggest rumors for years, came six days after federal prosecutors dropped a two-year investigation into whether the world’s most famous cyclist and his teammates engaged in a doping program during his greatest years.

http://endurancesportsflorida.com/2012/ ... -marriage/
12th February 2012

Mysterious: Armstrong escapes doping control.

Was it suspicious discrimination or simply an unfortunate coincidence that Lance Armstrong was not drug tested after his impressive debut in triathlon?

...It is the Danish triathlete Rasmus Henning, who was most surprisingly beaten by Armstrong in Panama, who reveals that the organizers broke a tradition of top 3 doping test after the race.

I was randomly selected for doping control at number 4, and I have no problem with that, but many wondered why the top-3 of the men were not tested here in Panama, and it surprised me too, says Rasmus Henning on his website.

http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_spor ... 707550.ece

Comments

• finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Anyone else expecting to open this thread and see that Lance Armstrong has been paying massive bribes to the World Trade Organisation?
  • AidanR
    AidanR Posts: 1,142
    Yup!
    Bike lover and part-time cyclist.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,383
    WTF. :shock:

No, WTC :wink:

WTC = World Triathlon Corporation which as the name suggests is a private company rather than a governing body (that is the ITU for triathlon). WTC is signed up to the WADA code but I think it's fair to say that their testing procedures have lagged behind what most people would consider adequate until relatively recently - out of competition testing has only been performed for the last 2-3 years IIRC.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    I'm always surprised how quickly he puts muscle on his upper body.

I guess if he's in the gym every day and I happen to not see a picture for 6 months.
    Lance-Armstrong-007.jpg

You get the feeling with him that he did cycling because that was what he was best at, rather than because he loves cycling.

If he'd got more money out of doing Triathlon you know he'd have done that.
  • Check that.

Looks pretty big right there although maybe just pumped from the swimming leg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • johnfinch wrote:
    Anyone else expecting to open this thread and see that Lance Armstrong has been paying massive bribes to the World Trade Organisation?
    Whoops! Corrected. :oops:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,196
    9th February 20102

Lance Armstrong and the World Triathlon Corporation announced a long-rumored partnership this morning that will include the seven-time Tour de France winner competing as a professional triathlete in several Ironman and Ironman 70.3 races, including Ironman 70.3 in Haines City, Fla., on May 20.

The deal, one of the endurance sports industry’s biggest rumors for years, came six days after federal prosecutors dropped a two-year investigation into whether the world’s most famous cyclist and his teammates engaged in a doping program during his greatest years.

http://endurancesportsflorida.com/2012/ ... -marriage/
    12th February 2012

Mysterious: Armstrong escapes doping control.

Was it suspicious discrimination or simply an unfortunate coincidence that Lance Armstrong was not drug tested after his impressive debut in triathlon?

...It is the Danish triathlete Rasmus Henning, who was most surprisingly beaten by Armstrong in Panama, who reveals that the organizers broke a tradition of top 3 doping test after the race.

I was randomly selected for doping control at number 4, and I have no problem with that, but many wondered why the top-3 of the men were not tested here in Panama, and it surprised me too, says Rasmus Henning on his website.

It's hardly his debut in triathlon is it?

http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_spor ... 707550.ece