BeOne Road Bikes

nigelchee
nigelchee Posts: 5
edited February 2012 in Road beginners
Can anyone offer much advice on these bikes. I'm looking to upgrade my now very old Dawes Competiton and was looking at the Giant Defy 2, but saw an end of season BeOne bike. Does anyone have any advice on them?
Thanks

Comments

• Hi, I have a BeOne Storm from 2009 - it has full Shimano 105 running gear and brakes. I can't fault the bike at all (haven't even had any problems with that vintage 105 - some issues over changing from small/big/small ring). Mine is aluminium framed and it's great. To be fair, I've never owned or ridden a carbon bike so can't compare them. I'm assuming you're getting it from CRC - I found them easy to deal with though I was able to try the bike first. Hope this helps and good luck. G.
    Visit Ireland - all of it! Cycle in Dublin and know fear!!
    exercise.png
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    Don't know if this is of any help, but I recently built a road bike with a BeOne carbon fork. Very well made, finished and good to ride, if a little bit harsh (though that could well be down to the wheel and tyre).

If their carbon frames are anything like the fork, then it should be decent.
  • I have been told that they are associated with Planet X (who have a good reputation).
  • Old Tuggo wrote:
    I have been told that they are associated with Planet X (who have a good reputation).
    Isn't that association with OnOne bikes?

http://garstangcyclingclub.net
  • Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    Bikes is such a crowded marketplace that its confusing trying to pick your way through all the different Brands. I bought a Beone Mountain bike from CRC last September and its absolutely fine. For the money the spec was easily the best I could get anywhere - Deore Groupset, fork lockout, mechanical disc brakes and it looks really nice plus not too heavy. I don't have much to compare it against but for £360 delivered it was good value. I didnt need a £1000 MTB so Beone fitted the bill nicely. I havent seen anything bad said about them on the net and they appear to have a loyal following in the bike mad Netherlands. I also like the look of their road Bikes - the Diablo carbon job looks lovely imo. A few members have built bikes up from the Raw Carbon Beone frame and they look good - check out the Your Road Bikes thread.

The only problem is that you can't test ride so getting a good fit is going to be a bit hit and miss. I had to put a shorter stem on my MTB and I replaced the saddle also.
  • Cheers guys,
    that sounds similar to my own thoughts and I suppose my main concern would be not being able to go on a test ride as CRC are the only distributors. I suppose I'd have to guess on the frame size. I reckin a 52-54cm would be fine- depending on how compact it is. Perhaps just giving CRC a call would help. Appreciated folks.
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    I notice on the CR website, the BeOne bikes have detailed geometry specs. It wouldn't hurt to go through the process here http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=FIT_CALCULATOR_INTRO and see how that compares to what they have.

I used it as a guide to buying a used frame off of ebay to build a road bike. Just about spot on, apart from the stem size which is easy to swap out.