Frame cable rub and chain clatter?

Mark909
Mark909 Posts: 456
edited February 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Hello, so my frames looked better. Ive got quite a bit of chain clatter and some cable rub at the front of bike. Do i need to get my frame resprayed or is there another way to get my frame looking nice and shiny again?

Comments

• You could cover it up with coloured frame protectors
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    to get the frame looking shiney it would more than likely need to be touched up or resprayed..

to prevent this happening again or getting any worse.
    frame protection be it copter tape (as in helicopter) those frame patches or the things that g on your cables .
    or my prefared method is velcro.. instrail strength velcro.. works atreat to prevent cable rub. even works on the chain stay to prevent chain slap.

those neoprene chainstay protectors work.. so would copter tape or that rubber tape.. but the good old fashioned innertube and zip tie method. never fails...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    With chain slap, it's also worth checking the chain tension. It could be the chain is worn, so check the chain length. Also you can do things like mech adjustments, add a chain device and/or get a shorter mech, though the latter only if you have too long a mech for the number of chainrings you've got, i.e. should be long for 3 rings, medium for 2, short for 1.