Shoes?

roverthehill
roverthehill Posts: 155
edited February 2012 in MTB buying advice
Finally got fed up of getting my feet soaked!!

Any advice on a cheap pair of MTB shoes for normal flat peddles. Something reasonably water resistant would be great - currently I rotate 3 pairs of trainers.... ie soak a pair, and wear the next 2 pairs and by then the 1st pair are dried out....

Cheers!

Comments

• kenan
    kenan Posts: 952
    I recentlly got some FiveTen Freerides and covered them with a water resistant treatment and have had dry feet thus far. Might be worth a go, got the stuff for about £3.50
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Sealskinz sock.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I have Sealskinz socks and get soggy trainers, and your feet still feel cold in the soggy trainers - they may be dry but if the trainers are full of cold water your feet get cold. Admittedly they do sort the water issue, though.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Sealskinz Thermals. I wear a thin pair of socks underneath as well, toasty warm.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • CHEERS GUYS

sealskinz seem to be the concensus!
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Woolie Bollies inside the sealskinz for extra warmth.

Otherwise you need to be buying proper winter boots really, which are nudging £100 for something like the Specialized Defrosters.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • hainman
    hainman Posts: 699
    i bought some waterproof karrimor walking boots but there shoes should do the job....
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    Karrimor waterproof walking shoes are great if you can find a reasonable patterned tread for cycling. Best 25 quid sale outdoor shoes I've bought to date. Just use those with sealskinz socks when it's bad bad. Actually prefer those to most of the cycling specific shoes I've got tbh.