The Muppets

UndercoverElephant
UndercoverElephant Posts: 5,796
edited February 2012 in Commuting chat
Top class. Go and see it.

Comments

• DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Half-term bonus, but I suspect it won't include the line "what's green and smells of pork?"
  • Top class. Go and see it.
    Agreed.
    Could have been a car crash but turned out pitch perfect.

Loved this...
    "Consider the grebe..."
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Ma na ma na.......
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Ah, not another Evra Suarez thread then
    :-D
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    Loved it, and i'm generally cynical. :shock:

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    Hmmmm I was going to do everything I could to avoid the Muppets film this half term. Trying to convince the kids to see puss in boots instead.

What makes the Muppets so good?
  • PeteMadoc wrote:
    Hmmmm I was going to do everything I could to avoid the Muppets film this half term. Trying to convince the kids to see puss in boots instead.

What makes the Muppets so good?

I'd be much more likely to avoid Puss in Boots, to be honest, but then I thought that "Shrek" was the only decent film of the three they made.

The Muppets was so good due to some of the superb songs, genuinely funny - written by one of the guys from The Flight of the Conchords, one has even been nominated for an Oscar. If you do go and see it, you'll be wondering (until things get going) what the hell I'm talking about, and thinking that the main character, Gary, has one of the most punchable faces you've ever seen. When it does get going, though, it's probably one of the best family films I've seen. I can't remember laughing so much at the cinema in ages.

Like SmellTheGlove said, it could so easily have just been schmaltzy-cheese, but somehow they kept it just within the line.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,771
    I'm pretty sure I took my daughter to see Puss in Boots with some of her friends for her birthday. It was that memorable. Yes, I definitely did. I think. I don't think I fell asleep through it, I'd remember if she told me off for snoring.
  • Its great! - "This'll be quicker if we do it as a musical montage!".
  • OSOH
    OSOH Posts: 153
    Saw this at the weekend, friend's choice - I've never liked 'The Muppets', and for the first 10-15 minutes felt that I just shouldn't be watching it, but then got into it and actually loved it. An unfortunate side effect was having the song 'Man or Muppet' stuck in my head for several days...wonder how many men have been asked that question since the film came out?!!
    It may seem there's light at the end of the tunnel, but it's actually an oncoming train.
  • I have rubbish friends - none of them want to come and see the Muppets with me! And I hate going to the cinema on my own!
  • OSOH
    OSOH Posts: 153
    I have rubbish friends - none of them want to come and see the Muppets with me! And I hate going to the cinema on my own!

Frequently go to the cinema on my own...I end up watching all sorts...side effect of having the Cineworld card, saves a lot of money and great way of getting out the house for an evening!
    It may seem there's light at the end of the tunnel, but it's actually an oncoming train.