Race Face Respond bars / Zesty

tdougan
tdougan Posts: 152
edited March 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi Guys,

I'm thinking of going a little wider with my bars on my Zesty 214. I have the stock Lapierre XC Comp Alu 31.8X680mm on at the moment.

I as thinking of going up to somthing like 700-720mm. I'm reading good things about climbing and a tad more stable on the downhill?

I am between so far:
    Race Face Respond White MTB Handlebar (710mm, 370g about £40) Race Face Atlas AM Low Riser (720mm, 260g about £60) Sunline V1 Riser Bar Pewter 31.8mm (711mm, 280g about £40)

I know this shouldn't be a desiding factor but I really like that the respond bars come in white, They'd look great on my bike for sure. My only concern is there more of a heavy DH bar. They are 100g heavier than the atlas bars, but I guess that's why the atlas bars are £20 more.

I suppose I'd be stupid to get the White Race face bars over the 90gram ligter black sunline..

Comments

• I think your bike looks ace as it is. So I'd stick with getting the best option rather than worry about colour. I think it would be too much white anyway!
  • mistrel
    mistrel Posts: 2
    I just upgraded my bars on my zesty and went for the race face atlas 725mm. Only been out for 3 or 4 hours so far but the extra width is making a difference and they look amazing on the bike in blue.
  • The Spiderman
    The Spiderman Posts: 5,625
    I`ve always really liked my Raceface bars.Some good deals to be had on CRC on Raceface stuff at the moment.I`m looking at some Turbines for my Anthem.
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    I've been running the Sunline V1's on my Zesty for a couple of years, nice bars (shape suits me anyhow), width helps a bit on the downs, not sure it does much for me on the climbs though. 370g is a bit hefty for bars on a Zesty (they aren't exactly light bikes as it is :p ), must be some lighter options in white out there?