Suarez

daviesee
daviesee Posts: 6,386
edited February 2012 in The bottom bracket
So. What is worse?

Openly showing your dislike.

or

Being completely fake. And everyone knowing it.
None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.

Comments

• Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    ...or being a manager who says another team's player should never play for the club again........after defending his own player to the hilt after kung fu kicking a supporter at a match??
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    If LFC had any decency left they wouldn't need another manager to point out to them what is blatantly obvious. A club that had high standards and traditions has been reduced to a laughing stock by Suarez and a manager who has frankly lost the plot. And no, I'm not a Utd supporter.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • Let him without sin cast the first stone.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Wirral_paul
    philthy3 wrote:
    If LFC had any decency left they wouldn't need another manager to point out to them what is blatantly obvious.

This being the manager who pursuaded one of his own to stay with the club after being convicted of assualt on a supporter dont forget!! Fergie should shut his mouth sometimes - instead he's always one to enflame situations. Whats obvious is that Suarez made comments (that he openly admitted to) to Evra, served the ban and doesnt want to be best mates with Evra now, and clearly doesnt want to shake his hand. Back to the original post - to do so would be completely fake!! Fergie certainly changed his tune anyway....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16982020

Funny how its gone from being never an issue to the only issue he cares about.

1st minute of the match - if Ferdinand hadnt have got in the way, how long do you think Evra's ban after the straight red card would have been?

The players are on the pitch to play football - this shaking hands before the game is a complete joke really. QPR vs Chelsea a couple of weeks ago - anyone want to comment on that??
  • Don't see what the big deal is.

Suarez refused to shake evras hand. Yet everyone missed the fact Ferdinand refused to shake suarez's hand. so Suarez is a disgrace for not shaking his hand but for Ferdinand it's fine?
    I see no problem with not shaking hands with someone you openly dislike
  • All this shaking hands before a game load of old tosh. The captains at the toss up O.K. the two keepers also if they wish, I always used to offer a hand to my opposite number if we changed ends at the start of a game and it was never refused. Everyone else, save it 'til the end of the game.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    I love the fact that it is an insult and degrading the long proud history of Liverpool Football club (do me a favour!) to call someone a negro*, but it is perfectly acceptable and not at all degrading the long proud history of Manchester United Football club (do me another favour) to call someone's sister a filthy whore.

They re both as bad as each other, totally unacceptable, and if football really wanted to move past this it would just Shutup talking about it...

(for the record, I don't watch football (last stage of UEFA games/internationals accepted) for these reasons...

*(which is nt the insult in Spanish - which they were speaking to each other - it is over here - although not hardly a smart moment)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • The arguing between the clubs is like an argument over which is the best turd, neither of them can come away from this with any credit. Where have the FA been over this, they should have instigated some pre-match dialogue and told them to grow up. Do they actually care how little the football gets talked about now? It's usually stuff about divers, abuse and referees that is discussed and I'm sick of it.
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    Fair play to suarez,he dont have to shake his hand,and if i dont like somebody i would not be forced
    into shaking hands either.
    Why be false.
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • watching it closely, I reckon it was Evra who wasn't offering his hand so Suarez just bypassed him, then Evra made a fuss

not that it matters, the whole thing is pathetic. I felt sorry for the mascot with the Joe 90 glasses. Whoever put him next to Evra in the lineup should be shot
  • ...or being a manager who says another team's player should never play for the club again........after defending his own player to the hilt after kung fu kicking a supporter at a match??

spot on.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    All this shaking hands before a game load of old tosh. The captains at the toss up O.K. the two keepers also if they wish, I always used to offer a hand to my opposite number if we changed ends at the start of a game and it was never refused. Everyone else, save it 'til the end of the game.
    Spot on.

That hand shaking nonsense (along with going onto the pitch holding hands with a kid) only came into the game a few years ago. For well over 100 years before that the teams came out seperately (away side first) the captains shook hands in the centre circle and that was it.

The whole charade is just a load of bo££ocks that reduces football to the level of Strictly Come Dancing.
  • daviesee
    IMHO it is all a charade.

One that the media is not going to leave alone though.

Any particular reason for the BBC to pull MOTD off iPlayer and their website?

Suarez will be hounded out of the Country by the end of the season.
    Whatever happened before it is now a witch hunt.
  • I agree Suarez did the right thing and refused to be bullied by the press into being a fake.
    Ferdinand well... he is a moaning trouble maker.
    Well done Suarez.
    And fergie did indeed back Mr Cantona on the kungfu kick which is much worse.
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    wiffachip wrote:
    watching it closely, I reckon it was Evra who wasn't offering his hand so Suarez just bypassed him, then Evra made a fuss

not that it matters, the whole thing is pathetic. I felt sorry for the mascot with the Joe 90 glasses. Whoever put him next to Evra in the lineup should be shot

I agree, Evra is a mug.
  • If you watch carefully Evra didnt excactly offer his hand to Suarez, if your are going to shake some ones you hold your hand out not at your hip. Then if was very quick to act up to the cameras, i think Evra himself had no intention of shaking hands. Its a shame ferdinad got in the way as Evra would of been red carded in the first 10 minutes,
    Building:
    S-Works Venge, Ultegra DI2, Carbon Clinchers
    Race:
    Moda Stretto, Force Groupset, American Classic Carbon 58`s

Winter:
    Whyte Suffolk, Hydro Disks

Retro:
    Tommasini Super Prestige Full Campagnolo C/W Delta`s
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    This being the manager who pursuaded one of his own to stay with the club after being convicted of assualt on a supporter dont forget!! Fergie should shut his mouth sometimes - instead he's always one to enflame situations. Whats obvious is that Suarez made comments (that he openly admitted to) to Evra, served the ban and doesnt want to be best mates with Evra now, and clearly doesnt want to shake his hand. Back to the original post - to do so would be completely fake!! Fergie certainly changed his tune anyway....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16982020

Funny how its gone from being never an issue to the only issue he cares about.

1st minute of the match - if Ferdinand hadnt have got in the way, how long do you think Evra's ban after the straight red card would have been?

The players are on the pitch to play football - this shaking hands before the game is a complete joke really. QPR vs Chelsea a couple of weeks ago - anyone want to comment on that??

Fuck1ng hell, Fergie's "in your head" as well as Kenny's. He's good, isn't he?

At the end of the day, it's an absolute PR disaster by lfc no matter what you think of a) the situation, b) United, c) lfc, d) Evra or e) Suarez.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Wirral_paul
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Fuck1ng hell, Fergie's "in your head" as well as Kenny's. He's good, isn't he?

If you believe that setting out to provoke so much uproar by fanning the flames in the media just to get at a rival club, that it basically brings the whole game even further into disrepute, then yes he's good.

Still to come is part 2 - the John Terry criminal trial for what must be worse surely given that no criminal charges were brought against Suarez!!
  • one thing must be realised- whenever anything bad happens concerning LFC its never their fault.

at least the whole country is cottoning onto this now.

Victimpool F.C.
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • one thing must be realised- whenever anything bad happens concerning LFC its never their fault.

at least the whole country is cottoning onto this now.

Victimpool F.C.
    +1 and it has been ever thus.
    Remember in the 70's & 80's when they were labelled as the best fans in the country? I have a few tales to tell to contradict this.
    I don't blame Suarez for not wanting to shake Evras hand, why pretend to be friendly. I love the comment that Fergie made about the abuse G. Neville had to put up with for years at Anfield. I wonder why :?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Just out of interest...why?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    daviesee wrote:
    IMHO it is all a charade.

One that the media is not going to leave alone though.

Any particular reason for the BBC to pull MOTD off iPlayer and their website?

Suarez will be hounded out of the Country by the end of the season.
    Whatever happened before it is now a witch hunt.

Saturday MOTD is never on catchup iplayer (only live iplayer)-> something to do with the licensing.

Sunday MOTD is always on Iplayer though.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    ddraver wrote:
    I love the fact that it is an insult and degrading the long proud history of Liverpool Football club (do me a favour!) to call someone a negro*, but it is perfectly acceptable and not at all degrading the long proud history of Manchester United Football club (do me another favour) to call someone's sister a filthy whore.

They re both as bad as each other, totally unacceptable, and if football really wanted to move past this it would just Shutup talking about it...

(for the record, I don't watch football (last stage of UEFA games/internationals accepted) for these reasons...

*(which is nt the insult in Spanish - which they were speaking to each other - it is over here - although not hardly a smart moment)

The FA ruling was pretty concrete that what Suarez says was racist. They got linguists in. The QC involved in the case (and a reputable one at that) called Suarez's defence" unsustainable and simply incredible".

That Suarez did was he was accused of is beyond doubt.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    edited February 2012
    Not sure I buy the "Ferguson can't talk" argument.

Just because he was wrong about his own player (apparently, I'm too young to remember), doesn't mean he's wrong about this.

Liverpool should have distanced themselves much much sooner from Suarez. They were already left with egg on their face after their childish support the day before the FA totally ruined Suarez.

Now was the time to sort him out. I think (on Monday) they've finally realised that and are beginning to show contrition about the affair, and some distance from themselves and Suarez.

It's better late than never.
  • daviesee
    Saturday MOTD is never on catchup iplayer (only live iplayer)-> something to do with the licensing.

Sunday MOTD is always on Iplayer though.
    Okay, thanks. Obviously the version I saw up earlier in the day was the live version.

I didn't agree with the original incident but could see why he took the position he did on Saturday. He has now lost any credibility in my eyes. Take a stand or apologise. You can't do both.
    Does anyone believe one tiny part of the apology?
    He may be sorry about something (upsetting his bosses) but I severely doubt he cares one jot about Evra.
  • Ben6899
    daviesee wrote:
    He may be sorry about something (upsetting his bosses) but I severely doubt he cares one jot about Evra.

I don't believe ANYTHING coming from Anfield where this sorry affair is concerned. It's all lip-service to keep the FA off Liverpool FC's case.

All through, the club has stood by Suarez - wearing t shirts FFS - and I don't believe for a minute there was any instruction to the player to make sure he shook hands with Evra.

First the public support for a fan banged up in Bulgaria for murdering an opposition fan... and now this. It's never the fault of Liverpool FC and it's lamentable.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Ben6899 wrote:
    daviesee wrote:

I don't believe ANYTHING coming from Anfield where this sorry affair is concerned. It's all lip-service to keep the FA off Liverpool FC's case.

All through, the club has stood by Suarez - wearing t shirts FFS - and I don't believe for a minute there was any instruction to the player to make sure he shook hands with Evra.

First the public support for a fan banged up in Bulgaria for murdering an opposition fan... and now this. It's never the fault of Liverpool FC and it's lamentable.

Gotta be a manc to make a outrageously stupid comment like that.
  • Ben6899
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    daviesee wrote:

Gotta be a manc to make a outrageously stupid comment like that.

Attempted Murder. I apologise for the inaccuracy.

The simple fact is: some lad was convicted of attempted murder of an opposition supporter after the Champions League final and - only knowing as much as anyone else at the time - LFC campaigned to have him released. You have the other guys confession, but how reliable was that given he later retracted it!? I thought this was a massive PR faux pas by LFC and the club should have stayed well out of the matter.

I'm not sure why my comment can be deemed "outrageously stupid"... I'm not commenting on the accuracy of the conviction, but the club's reaction to it. You probably need to provide an element of elucidation to support your assertion.
    Ben

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,167
    Wasn't that supporter in Bulgaria subsequently found to be not guilty?