New bike - Fork problem - Help!

funkybaj
funkybaj Posts: 47
edited February 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Afternoon,

My Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp arrived a few days back and I've spent some time setting it all up. This is my first serious bike with full suspension ... but I've got problems with the fork :(:(

The shock and fork came almost fully deflated, I've set them up to the recommended pressures and the shock seems spot on with the sag set. The fork however I'm having allsorts of problems with. I've not been on a ride yet but it seems to be losing pressure!

The fork is a RockShox Revolution RL, I pumped both the positive and negative chambers up to around 120 psi first thing this morning. By 4pm this afternoon though it seems like the air has been lost, I can push the handlebars and compress the fork it's full length! This is without even going out on a ride.

Any ideas if I'm doing anything wrong or is the fork fubar'd? Is there anything for me to try? If not then I guess it would be a warranty job, I hope I don't have to send the whole bike back as I purchased it mail order.

Help!!
Commencal Meta AM
Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    So what sag do you have?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Did you use a shock pump? I'd try again - deflate the negative chamber fully, then deflate the positive chamber. Now start again, inflate the positive, then negative (try 150psi). Make sure the fork is not locked out when you do this.

If the fork appears to deflate again, check the valve core tightness.

If all is well, adjust pressure to set the sag you require
  • Sag is just over a cm, so almost 10% when the fork is pressurised properly. It then went up to around 5/6cm which is when I noticed it was losing air.

Yes I used a shock pump. I've just set it all again in that order to 150psi, the fork is not locked out and I've checked the valve tightness. Will see if it loses the pressure again. Was hoping to take the new wheels out tomorrow morning but looks like I may have to wait.
    Commencal Meta AM
    Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc