Do up your chinstrap

stubs
stubs Posts: 5,001
edited February 2012 in The hub
Do up your chinstrap a helmet not done up properly is worse than no helmet at all

6856103935_8659f5e6c2_b.jpg
Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap

Comments

• StefanP
    StefanP Posts: 429
    Can you rehost the image? I dont really want to join yet another cycle forum! :P
  • stubs
    StefanP wrote:
    Can you rehost the image? I dont really want to join yet another cycle forum! :P

Hosted it on flickr now hope you can see it.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • UN-LUCKY!!!!!!

Love how his finger is still poised for braking. :lol:
  • PaulC7
    PaulC7 Posts: 112
    OUCH... really must of hurt and taught him a lesson.

P:s- great composition and exposure... really captures the speed. lol
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    How odd that someone would go to the trouble of wearing a neck brace and all the gear and then not bother with gloves or doing their lid up. More surprised than anything, just weird.

Cracking pic though.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • stubs
    prawny wrote:
    How odd that someone would go to the trouble of wearing a neck brace and all the gear and then not bother with gloves or doing their lid up. More surprised than anything, just weird.

Cracking pic though.

My thoughts exactly. Was at Healey Nab trails recently watching some lads on the the black run jumps and I noticed a some of them didnt bother doing up the chinstrap on there full face lids. Dont want to get into the helmet v no helmet debate but if your going to wear a sweaty plastic ugly looking lump on your head you might as well spend 5 secs and do up the buckle. Mind I am fat, middle aged and so uncool I could boil an egg so what do I know. :roll:
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Agreed but Werewolf drop scares me so I think i'm a younger less cool version of your good self
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • stubs
    delcol wrote:
    stubs were's the picture from...?

is it at healey nab..?

No its pinched off http://forums.mtbr.com/ its an american forum much bigger than this site. Some of it isnt of much interest to UK bikers for obvious reasons but there is some really interesting stuff. Its very good for technical stuff you get the cheif mechanic from SRAM USA answering questions and the boss of Shimano USA on as well.
  • El Zomba
    El Zomba Posts: 164
    Anyone else noticed that he's primed to pick up a nice splinter to the eye in addition to his concussion/lack of fingernails? Makes me think of that scene in Zombie Flesh Eaters. Can't help but think that the chap is an arch-plonker, but I guess that's more of a Crudcatcher attitude.