New bike day tomorrow

Corporate Camper
Corporate Camper Posts: 293
edited February 2012 in Road beginners
I should be picking up my new bike tomorrow, I'm quite excited but I'm wishing the snow and ice would go away!

I opted for a Cannondale CAAD8 Tiagra in the end, I'm planning on a 15 mile each way daily commute and a few Sportives and a coast-to-coast this year (oh and also bloating down from 19st by doing all of that).
'12 CAAD 8 Tiagra

Comments

• Enjoy the new steed , it always feels better on a new bike !! ( apart from a new saddle )
    Enigma Esprit Di2 - Go tI ! Summer !
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,093
    Enjoy, can't beat that new bike feeling
  • I should be picking up my new bike tomorrow, I'm quite excited but I'm wishing the snow and ice would go away!

I opted for a Cannondale CAAD8 Tiagra in the end, I'm planning on a 15 mile each way daily commute and a few Sportives and a coast-to-coast this year (oh and also bloating down from 19st by doing all of that).

I bought a Cervelo p2 back in November and hasnt touched the road yet, try waiting that long :P
    (lives on the turbo trainer)
    10 mile TT pb - 20:56 R10/17
    25 - 53:07 R25/7
    Now using strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/155152
  • Any updates on the new bike - roads cleared up enough to get out ?

Ouch on the cervelo - silver lining at least the saddle will be broken in !! come the dry days it will be awesome to take out though !
    Enigma Esprit Di2 - Go tI ! Summer !
  • velohutts wrote:
    Any updates on the new bike - roads cleared up enough to get out ?

Ouch on the cervelo - silver lining at least the saddle will be broken in !! come the dry days it will be awesome to take out though !

Saddle wont be broken in, ordered a Prologo nago evo TTR yesterday so that should arrive monday or tuesday so I'll have to get used to that :P
    10 mile TT pb - 20:56 R10/17
    25 - 53:07 R25/7
    Now using strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/155152
  • +1 on the non broken saddle.

I've just brought a Madone 5.5 and its not seeing any tarmac until I get back from holiday at the end of April.
    Trek 1.1c (2012) - For commuting
    Trek Madone 5.5c (2010) - For pleasure http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o62 ... G_0413.jpg
  • I didn't manage to pick it up until yesterday, but I'm pleased with it, it's a thing of beauty and it will reside in my living room while not in use!

I've managed to take it out for a brief spin today (only around 5 miles). First impression is that it feels a bit small... I had a proper bike fit at my LBS so i'm thinking that it just feels that way because I've come from riding a hybrid (even if it was towards the road end of the spectrum).

Today was also the first time I've ever ridden clipless... that went fine!
    '12 CAAD 8 Tiagra
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    It wasn't you I saw blasting through Twyford yesterday evening then, about 5:30 ish? Nice bike, all the right kit, giving it some jip up from the pub on the bend opposite the shop?
  • No, most certainly not... but I saw him too as I was driving the other way.

I have no kit, I'm normally purple, puffing and going slowly! Give it 6 months though (and I'll probably be the same...)
    '12 CAAD 8 Tiagra