Thanks to Assos

HonestAl
HonestAl Posts: 406
edited February 2012 in Road beginners
It's been said many times but Assos offer GREAT customer service. About a month ago bike and I parted company on a patch of black ice. Result - nice patch of road rash on my right hip - sore as anything but it would heal, and sadly a big hole in my favourite pair of Assos bibshorts (so comfortable that I prefer to wear them and leg warmers rather than bibtights)

I've had the shorts 3 years, they've done good service but were still in really good nick. I'd read that Assos offer a repair service so thought I'd give it a whirl. Their site points you at your original reseller. In this case it was Evans Cycles online. After several email attempts at getting an answer, eventually I had a reply that they didn't offer a repair service. Hmm. Not overly impressive.

Assos's second stage, post them off to Switzerland, which I did, acknowledging in the cover letter that this wasn't a warranty issue (very clear when you looked at the big hole!!!) and that I fully expected a bill.

Today (just over 2 weeks after posting them off) I was delighted when the postie dropped off my shorts, complete with a very neat repair. Bill from Assos? Absolutely nothing.

Brilliant. Not only in great condition after 3 years continuous use, but now repaired FOC. Can't recommend Assos enough. Expensive initially, but to my mind, worth every penny.

Thanks Assos
"The only absolute statement is that everything is relative" - anon

Comments

• Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Yep used their service twice before and brilliant with invisible repairs.
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    Never had to try the Assos service, but I've had similar good service with Rapha - in my case a pair of goves that had a hole worn into them after years of hard service. As you did with Assos, I made it clear over the phone I didn't regard it as a warranty issue and that I fully expected to pay, but there was no bill - just neatly repaired gloves.

Costly products, as you noted about Assos, but in the end very good value indeed and of course they end up with customers for life.
  • I had an off recently and ripped my bib 3/4s, will have to get them in the post pronto!