Fox 140 Terralogic?

sonofrealman
sonofrealman Posts: 4
edited February 2012 in MTB buying advice
Anyone using 2012 Fox 140 Talas Terralogic forks? i have a new set but after reading a little it seems they may not be ideal for a FS bike, just wanted to get some input before i chop the steerer and get them fitted.
thanks.

Comments

• chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    on riding style it says ,trail, all mountain, aren't most all mountain machines FS ?
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Why not?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Just i was chatting to a chap the other day who bitterly slated them so i decided to ask opinions before its too late to sell them on as new forks.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    If by not ideal he means pointless then yes, talas in my eyes is a pointless extra to pay money for, especially with just 140mm of travel. Don't need to drop any lower than that to climb really, unless you're a mincer.
  • If by not ideal he means pointless then yes, talas in my eyes is a pointless extra to pay money for, especially with just 140mm of travel. Don't need to drop any lower than that to climb really, unless you're a mincer.

Luckily i didn't pay extra, i paid much less than a pair of basic RL's, its the Terralogic part i was thinking about not the Talas.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Can't see that it would matter
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Old terra logics sucked except as xc forks for xc racers who basically didn't really want suspension anyhow. The new ones are supposed to be much better. As for hard tail only, I guess it would be odd to have semi locked out forks with fully plush rr, but not that weird.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.