snow....go away!!!!!!

ianbar
ianbar Posts: 1,354
edited February 2012 in Road beginners
im so ready to hit the road every day but this ruddy snow! its even a bit too dodgy around here to do any running so i have decided to hit the weights and actually quite enjoying it till the weather improves!
enigma esprit
cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012

Comments

• It's not good is it mountain bike tomorrow I think.
  • hodge68
    hodge68 Posts: 162
    Have put of outside training all week, using the turbo trainer or tread mill, but today i needed some nature, so went running around local nature reserve. It was so slippy, ice,mud and compacted snow. XC ice skating may never catch on, but it did me the world of good. I had a great time, as did the dog.
    Ridley Boreas
    Spesh RockHopper pro
    Boardman cx comp
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Sounds like you need an excuse to buy more 'toys' e.g. MTB or CX bike with studded snow and ice tyres! I also have a pair of Icebug running shoes which have tungsten carbide studs - you can run safely on sheet ice if necessary.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • BruceG
    BruceG Posts: 347
    Monty Dog wrote:
    Sounds like you need an excuse to buy more 'toys' e.g. MTB or CX bike with studded snow and ice tyres! I also have a pair of Icebug running shoes which have tungsten carbide studs - you can run safely on sheet ice if necessary.
    Like the sound of those shoes, where did you come by them?
  • ianbar
    yeah those shoes sound good.i had aimed to run if too icey etc but too much snow over the grass land i would run on. more snow today which is even more annoying. will aim to get some cardio in over weekend. i have a turbo but was torchering myself as really dislike it, i would rather do something i enjoy a bit more so doing some fat burning weights circuits is working but only want to focus on it for this week. hope it will mean i will do a couple of sessions a week once i get on the road again.
    enigma esprit
  • burtie
    burtie Posts: 154
    Yes snow please leave now. I have put up with 3 days on the rollers and now I want some hills.
  • ianbar
    weather looking bit more on the up now so may venture onto some major roads tomorrow as need to lose as much weight as possible in 6 weeks to be measured up for my wedding suit!
    enigma esprit
  • Monty Dog
    If you search online for Icebug shoes, you'll find some on offer with Amazon.
  • Take it easy... have a break, the weather will be great soon and we can rack up the miles then!
  • ianbar
    thats my thoughts now, I'm going to do some weights over weekend hopefully the melt will kick in and by tuesday can at least go out for some running. need to get lots of miles in as need to shed weight and quickly to be measured up for my wedding suit lol
    enigma esprit
  • One of the most enjoyable rides ever. There is something very special about riding in snow covered countryside. Get out and ride, assuming the roads are safe

img20120210111622.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

img20120210112105.jpg

img20120210112057.jpg

https://www.bikeauthority.cc/
    IG - bikeauthority.cc
  • Monty Dog
    The small roads around here were treacherous this morning - packed snow and polished ice and it was minus 7 degrees at 9am. Didn't stop me getting in 5 hours offroad - CX bike with 40mm metal-studded tyres on snow over hard-packed sand and mud meant the going was often really good. The occasional stretches of icy tarmac were dicey at times, even with studded tyres - plenty of foot-out action on off-camber corners.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Beautiful dry and sunny 4.45 hr ride round W. Devon -2 through to +3 ..... so factor 25 had limited use.
  • 8C in Tayside today. Hardly any wind and on the home run some of the roads had dried out completely. Tomorrow is more of the same for a 63 mile reliability run. By Wed it's to be 10C and cloudless! :-)