new bike shops...

clarkey cat
clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
edited February 2012 in Commuting chat
...springing up everywhere. Just been for walk to Exmouth Mkt for a Burrito and popped into Bespoke Cycling - incredible stuff. Parlee everywhere. More like a laboratory there though!

And a new place selling Charge bikes and similar called East Central.

Its going to be a crazy summer on Embankment I bet.

Comments

• il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    I see Pearson now have a shop in Sheen. Must pop into Bespoke for a mosey.
  • clarkey cat
    you have to buzz to be let in...

Obviously the bikes are incredible. Parlee, Firefly, Eriksen for custom builds. Spotted an IF too.
    I have a price list on my desk. :shock:

They stock the dogma too.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Really must pop into that 'new' Pearson shop...
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    JonGinge wrote:
    Don't they do group rides? Has anyone here been on one?
  • clarkey cat
    forgot to mention - East Central cycles doing 50% off servicing through Feb.
  • ...springing up everywhere. Just been for walk to Exmouth Mkt for a Burrito and popped into Bespoke Cycling - incredible stuff. Parlee everywhere. More like a laboratory there though!

And a new place selling Charge bikes and similar called East Central.

Its going to be a crazy summer on Embankment I bet.
    Where's the East Central?

Was debating Exmouth Market or Leather Lane this lunchtime, but the sub-zero temp made Leather Lane look more interesting (if slightly less palatable). And Bespoke is an interesting place to go see, just leave your wallet somewhere safe!
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • clarkey cat
    it's just opposite Caravan.

I haven't taken the walk up there for ages but glad I did... get some fresh air.
    Had a great Burrito and enjoyed an espresso in Brill while perusing for some tunes.
  • it's just opposite Caravan.

I haven't taken the walk up there for ages but glad I did... get some fresh air.
    Had a great Burrito and enjoyed an espresso in Brill while perusing for some tunes.

Ah got it, now got a website I see... When I last walked up there that shop was just being gutted...

Incidentally Santore, the Italian at the far end is a very reasonably priced place for lunch or dinner... went there after work a few weeks ago.
  • KateF
    KateF Posts: 86
    notsoblue wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    Don't they do group rides? Has anyone here been on one?

Yup.
    Weekend rides - there's usually a club one once or twice a month, but things get organised fairly regularly other than this. Most of the stuff gets posted on the club calendar at the link below, or gets written on the blackboard in the shop.
    http://www.pearsoncycles.co.uk/store/co ... -Calendar/

There's also chain gang on a Tuesday - boys chaingang is at 7.30. I believe it is quite quick.
    Winter bike - Verenti Kilmeston
    Fair weather bike - Ribble Stealth
  • clarkey cat
    Incidentally Santore, the Italian at the far end is a very reasonably priced place for lunch or dinner... went there after work a few weeks ago.

They put the pizzas on weird tiered shelf things? I think I've been there a few years ago. It was really nice.

If you haven't been to Moro yet you have to give it a go. The food is properly excellent.
  • Incidentally Santore, the Italian at the far end is a very reasonably priced place for lunch or dinner... went there after work a few weeks ago.

They put the pizzas on weird tiered shelf things? I think I've been there a few years ago. It was really nice.

If you haven't been to Moro yet you have to give it a go. The food is properly excellent.
    Yes, if you order them for sharing.

Not been to Moro, interesting menu, if a little pricy.