My best cake stop

cyco2
cyco2 Posts: 593
edited February 2012 in The bottom bracket
I ride out most days and in this weather I like to stop for a cuppa and a warm and I have found it can gets expensive at £3 +. So I have taken to calling in to the League of Friends in the John Radcliffe, Oxford. Where I can get a filter coffee and a nice piece of chocolate cake for £1.60. Not only that the profit they make goes towards equipment for the Hospital.
My other stop is in the Market where I get a filter coffee, a piece of chocolate and a read of the Times newspaper for 99p.
In the interests of keeping up my skinflint ways going I took a flask of coffee while I waited for my appointment call in the Churchill Hospital. I read the Free Daily Express while I waited and at the end of it just as I was to pour a cuppa my name was called. Later I went to their Restaurant and had a nice meal and drank my coffee next to a radiator that had my sweat soaked vest drying on it.
...................................................................................................

If you want to be a strong rider you have to do strong things.
However if you train like a cart horse you'll race like one.

Comments

• jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    cyco2 wrote:
    I ride out most days and in this weather I like to stop for a cuppa and a warm and I have found it can gets expensive at £3 +. So I have taken to calling in to the League of Friends in the John Radcliffe, Oxford. Where I can get a filter coffee and a nice piece of chocolate cake for £1.60. Not only that the profit they make goes towards equipment for the Hospital.
    My other stop is in the Market where I get a filter coffee, a piece of chocolate and a read of the Times newspaper for 99p.
    In the interests of keeping up my skinflint ways going I took a flask of coffee while I waited for my appointment call in the Churchill Hospital. I read the Free Daily Express while I waited and at the end of it just as I was to pour a cuppa my name was called. Later I went to their Restaurant and had a nice meal and drank my coffee next to a radiator that had my sweat soaked vest drying on it.

Has my vote :shock:
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    There is a similar place to this - a plant nursery/cafe run by ESN kids near Tunbridge Wells - Poppenbury I think it is called. A real feel good factor about patronage here, and they love seeing the flash bikes turn up
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    ILM Zero7 wrote:
    There is a similar place to this - a plant nursery/cafe run by ESN kids near Tunbridge Wells - Poppenbury I think it is called. A real feel good factor about patronage here, and they love seeing the flash bikes turn up

That place should have 1950's prices to go with the 1950's terminology :)