endura click in liners

nwmlarge
nwmlarge Posts: 778
edited February 2012 in MTB buying advice
are the endura click in liners worth it over any other pair of liner shorts?

Comments

• .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Absolutely not. The poppers are only there to stop them falling inside the baggies while on display in the shop.

The liner is a basic 6-panel effort with a bog-standard CoolMax Silver pad.
  • nwmlarge
    nwmlarge Posts: 778
    .blitz wrote:
    Absolutely not. The poppers are only there to stop them falling inside the baggies while on display in the shop.

The liner is a basic 6-panel effort with a bog-standard CoolMax Silver pad.

i thought that might be the case.
    i couldn't see why there would be a need to attach the two.

do you have any recommendations as i am rocking a pretty poor set of muddy fox long leg ones and some cheapo halfords short ones
  • How much do you want to spend? The Endura ones are ok for the price. The click in thing is neither here nor there for me, it works if I can be bothered but there's no point. (edit - saying that, I only have the ones that came in my Endura Humvees, no idea if they're different as a standalone product)
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    nwmlarge wrote:
    do you have any recommendations
    Tend to find the MTB-specific liners from the likes of Royal, Fox, Mace etc have pretty much the same pad but it's in a better position for MTBing. Sugoi and Mavic are ace but expensive.

Wiggle's dhb brand are not too shabby if you want something cheap'n'cheerful. Sizing is on the mahoosive side but otherwise they are OK.
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    I picked up a set of these a while back (in L, which they're out of, and for £12 due to 'fire damage', although they turned out to be perfect).

Absolutely great for cheapo 3/4's, especially for this weather etc. Also some good other cheap products on there, well worth considering.

I've got some endura liners (came with my humvees), I never bother clicking the 2 together, as I find the liner, when clicked in, is trying it's best to give me the male equivalent of camel toe. Comfy enough padding for a day out though.

I also have a set of royal liners, and they're always the last set I go for.. not that comfy IMO.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Got some endura clickfast liners, think they were around £18 on chain reaction. They seem pretty good and do the job they were designed to do (stop chafing and to stop smell etc) even when used multiple times without washing (i know, but i can't afford to buy loads of them!). They make the seat a little comfier too. I never actually clip them into my shorts though, if anything all they do is make life harder when you want to go for a piss. Can't say I've tried any others to compare though.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Altura Pro Gels = win.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Got the endura clickfast 6 panel shorts and for £16 off CRC I am well impressed no chafing yet. Obviously not as good as my Altura pro gels but just fine for shortish winter rides. I do click them in at the back but not the front I find clicking in the back stops my 3/4 baggies sliding down when weighed down with a thick layer of carp without having to do the belt up too tight. Clicking them in completely feels like wearing a posing pouch.

If you want some proper all day comfy undershorts then you need to get some roadie lycra spend as much as you can afford, I had a £60 8 panel pair of DeMarchi shorts and wearing them was a dream. Unfortunately they have started to come unstitched after 4 years of wear.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • d3matt
    d3matt Posts: 510
    I got their 8-panel Clickfast liners for my Endura trousers, thinking it would be handy to join the liner to the trousers. However, it isn't. Trying to put them on with the two joined is very awkward as the liner is tight and needs a lot of adjustment. And trying to join the two together once both on is near impossible without help. So the "Clickfast" idea is a waste of time and therefore any liner or padded pants will be as good or even better.
    The liner itself is very good and does the job. However it would be better without the poppers!

Riding this Boardman Team FS 2010. Also trying my first blog.