Peak District Cafe Stop...?

Cheshley
Cheshley Posts: 1,448
edited February 2012 in Road beginners
I'm leading a few mates on a route around the Peak District in April and would like to know if anyone can recommend somewhere in the Chapel-en-le-Frith area that we can stop for munchies.

We will be coming South from Hayfield on the A624, turning left under the railway bridge to miss the town centre and rejoin the road up to Mam Tor, so somewhere on that route or close to it would be great.

thanks
1998 Marin Hawk Hill
2008 Specialized FSR XC Comp
2008 Scott Speedster S30 FB

SLOW RIDES FOR UNFIT PEOPLE - Find us on Facebook or in the MTB Rides section of this forum.

Comments

• pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    Castleton is nice and has lots of eateries, or if you go over Mam Tor into Barber Booth or Edale yu can get pub grub there too. All lovely locations, the choice is yours.

PP
  • Cheshley
    Thanks Pete, was looking for something in Chapel cos that's halfway round our route.
    1998 Marin Hawk Hill

SLOW RIDES FOR UNFIT PEOPLE - Find us on Facebook or in the MTB Rides section of this forum.
  • Hinzy9
    Hinzy9 Posts: 72
    There's also a nice bike friendly cafe in Hope if you get that far
    Cube Attempt 2011
  • pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    Maybe here, just outside Chapel? http://www.chestnutcentre.co.uk/shop_tea.htm although I have not tried it myself, they do say
    We have become a vital refuelling stop to cyclists on their way to Castleton!

PP
  • Cheshley
    Thanks Pete, looks like the planned route goes past their front door so we'll give that a try.

@Hinzy9, we are heading over towards Hope and we'll probably be stopping at the cafe next to 18 bikes as well :)
    1998 Marin Hawk Hill

• sheffsimon
    sheffsimon Posts: 1,282
    Chesnut centre caff is new to me.

Woodbine cafe is the place to go in Hope, I thought the one in the courtyard next to 18 bikes was a curry house now, used to be swiss cafe or something (and originally opened by David Baker - ex cyclocross and MTB pro)
  • Cheshley
    If you stand looking at 18 Bikes, the curry house is on the left and on the right is a cafe. Or at least it was the last time I was there a couple of years ago.
    1998 Marin Hawk Hill