riding glasses steaming up

jim55
jim55 Posts: 93
edited February 2012 in The bottom bracket
:? any household remedys to avoid this ,when i stop moving i cant see ,on the move is fine cos of airflow i guessi used to ride motorbikes and there a few anti fog visors and stuff but im not sure about glasses ,is there any tips to avoid this

Comments

• Don't stop. :lol:

I have the same issue,but, that's life.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    Dab a tiny amount of vaseline onto each lens surface and wipe clear with kitchen roll. End of problem.
    Same thing as putting a bit of shampoo or similar onto the bathroom mirror to stop it steaming up.
    Trust me it works! (Something to do with surface tension.)
    Graham.
  • fnq59
    fnq59 Posts: 37
    Candle wax, gently rubbed on and then buffed off with tissue also seems to work
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Move them a couple of cm away from your eyebrows when you stop.
    Push em back up just before setting off again.
    Sorted.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Spit.

Spit on before you leave home, wipe off with clean cloth. Job jobbed.
  • rajMAN
    rajMAN Posts: 429
    Washing-up liquid polished in!! :shock:
  • Johnson's no more tears baby shampoo. Works on cycling glasses and have been using it for scuba diving for years. Small bottle will last a lifetime. Use only a tiny amount.
    We need a bigger boat.

Giant OCR 4
    Trek Madone 5.2
    Ridgeback Speed (FCN 15)
  • jim55
    jim55 Posts: 93
    rajMAN wrote:

yeah id heard of that on the mbike but i never tried it and just bought a visor insert ,,does the old washing up liquid thing work then ?
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    You need some Chinoakleys with the useful air flow holes.......seek the thread
    or drill holes into your glasses
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    jim55 wrote:
    rajMAN wrote:

yeah id heard of that on the mbike but i never tried it and just bought a visor insert ,,does the old washing up liquid thing work then ?

No - waste of time. Comes from the same tool box drawer of using a potato.

Visor insert or just buy an Arai.
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    jim55 wrote:
    rajMAN wrote:

It does. I rub it in, then just rinse off and leave to dry. Lasts a few weeks !
  • rajMAN
    rajMAN Posts: 429
    jim55 wrote:
    rajMAN wrote:

I always used it on my visors, back in the 2stroke days and it worked a treat! cheap too and have used it on my Oakley M frames for years.

Sorry, should have said, washed in and polished clear!! Not literally polishing in liquid onto a dry lens/visor. :D
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    Yossie wrote:
    Spit.
    Spit on before you leave home, wipe off with clean cloth. Job jobbed.
    I've never tried this with sunglasses, but this is definitely what we used to do to stop a mask steaming up when I did scuba diving.
  • manglier
    manglier Posts: 1,259
    The trouble with applying spit/washing up liquid/vaseline etc, is that even if you do polish it out there are still smear marks left on the lenses. This is a BIG problem when you are riding into the low winter sun (please come back Mr Sun).
    For me davysee has the right idea, stop 'em fogging up by balancing them on the end of your nose as soon as you stop.
  • Jeweller's Rouge is excellent for stopping glasses misting up under a motor cycle helmet.
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    jim55 wrote:
    :? any household remedys to avoid this ,when i stop moving i cant see ,on the move is fine cos of airflow i guessi used to ride motorbikes and there a few anti fog visors and stuff but im not sure about glasses ,is there any tips to avoid this

Never happens on my Turbo - maybe a coincidence maybe not!
  • Mike Healey
    Mike Healey Posts: 1,023
    Is it coincidence that this thread follows the Susannah Reid is looking hot this morning?
    Organising the Bradford Kids Saturday Bike Club at the Richard Dunn Sports Centre since 1998
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/eastbradfordcyclingclub/
  • Mike Healey
    Mike Healey Posts: 1,023
    Or it was until I posted
    Organising the Bradford Kids Saturday Bike Club at the Richard Dunn Sports Centre since 1998